Swap out turbo whilst gearbox is off?

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be fitting a new clutch and turbo shortly, whilst removing the EGR and DPF for a clean. I just wanted some advice on the best way to go about it. I'm thinking the best approach is as follows: 1) Remove the gearbox 2) Remove turbo + DPF 3) Remove EGR . Also 'special tools' - The only tool I can think of right now is a transmission jack to lower and raise the gearbox with.

fitting a new clutch into your auto transmission, or are we guessing the engine and trans combo?

Anyway order some copper nuts and spare exhaust studs and buy a 3/8 drive torque wrench.

Reactions: soulwaffle
Oops, audi a3 2.0l FWD, manual. Will pick up bolts/nuts which need to be renewed (as per audi's guide). I've got a torque wrench on hand + torque settings as per haynes/audi guide.

Oops, audi a3 2.0l FWD, manual. Will pick up bolts/nuts which need to be renewed (as per audi's guide). I've got a torque wrench on hand + torque settings as per haynes/audi guide.
Replace exhaust gasket and Turbo to DPF gasket, no need to replace the clamp. Use dark side developments if you cannot find the parts although 95% of things are available via Audi/Vw.

And don’t neglect turbo oil pipes, return normally requires a new banjo bolt and a decent shallow 27mm socket to remove after the driveshaft is out

Reactions: soulwaffle