SW Dealership meet

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sandra has kindly offered to help organise a dealership meet for us folks in the south-west. Im going to look at setting something up around March, most likely in Exeter due to it being fairly central to the majority of the members. If you're interested please let me know in this thread.

Reactions: Sandra
I could be interested depending on the date :)

Reactions: Lavis89
Sending out PM's to southwest members to try and get something done about this tonight.

Last edited:
PM'd you mate as I already have started the process last week (I asked Sandra, she said go for it).

Keen. Could likely drag a few local lads along too date permitting.

Poole might be a bit of a mission for some of the members, we have a lot of members in the depths of Cornwall but if something could be set up there then it might be worth it if people are willing to drive that far. Exeter is probably the most central to everyone on the members list so would prefer to use that dealership if possible but it all depends on what various dealerships would be willing to do for us i guess. (i think that would be where @Sandra comes in)

Reactions: RedTurtle
Well Yeovil is part of the same group, which would be a bit closer - still a trek from Cornwall etc regardless though as you say!

Let's see if we can get 20+ interested and then approach a few dealerships (helps if people have existing relationships with any?). As I said in my PM to you Poole weren't exactly chomping at the bit, but as I had no details of exactly what Audi UK may or may not contribute I didn't push it any further.

If you guys tell me what dealerships you want to go to and when, I will deal with that. :) x

Reactions: josedebardi
I think i've sent out around 40 PMs so far and got around 12 people saying they would be up for it, and thats in under a hour so hopefully they will keep rolling in!

Where would people be willing to go for this? We need to find somewhere that the majority of people are up for traveling to. at the moment our only suggested location is Poole.

Potentially interested. I'm in exeter anyway.

Although, Is exeter audi big enough? Can hardly park my car there when it's in for a service?

Exeter is obviously easier for us down south west.
But there is also yeovil and taunton which arnt exactly too far away.
Maps below are all audi dealerships i found in sw.
Maybe the easy way to decide would be set up a poll and get everyone going to vote

Screenshot 2015 03 04 14 51 45
Screenshot 2015 03 04 14 51 26

Last edited:
Taunton is the most central to the SW area - not sure what the Audi dealership is like there? Bath is really nice/big, but is a bit of a trek for those Plymouth way (2.5hrs).

For those interested, this is a map i made around Christmas time to show the spread of all of our members.
Asn sw members

Looking at that plymouth or exeter is most central for everyone. But plymouth audi is small and from what people have said exeters isnt much better. Ideally we need the biggest one we can get in sw

*tumbleweed* i think our best bet here is to set a definite dealership and date then PM everyone again seeing as it seems not many people actually check this section. Anyone know what Taunton is like?

Thats probably the best and only way of doing it bud. Just set something up and go from there

I'd be keen. I'm also in Exeter but happy to go with the flow.

Ok Guys, i will talk to a few dealerships tomorrow see whats available. :) x

I would be really interested in this as well - be good to meet other forum members and look at some new Audi's and dream!! I'm in Taunton but would happy happy to travel to Exeter, Bristol etc

@kerbsidejanner should have some info and dates to work with beginning of next week. :) x

Hi guys. Need some dates to work with. Meet itself wont be an issue. :)

I can't do Jul 24 or Aug 15/16 or Sept 19/20. Does that help?
If I suggest Aug 29 or 30 (not sure if Sat or Sun is better for dealerships?) how does that sit with ppl?

June 6th was the last date i mentioned. i could do the end of August as well though, anything in-between then is a bit sketchy for me

June 6th im out. In mexico for 2 weeks. Tbh at moment my car is out all together. Seeing as front end is bit smashed up, but hidden with bonnet bra.

Thanks guys, 29/30th august probably wont be available as new reg 1st september. I will see what i can do and work round the dates your not available.. Dealerships usually prefer sundays, for tours of workshop area and in general the dealership is quieter and can spend more time with you guys. Thank you for the input guys. :) x

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones and kerbsidejanner