Suspension pump

Bunson 1

Reaction score
Can anyone help please I have got a problem with suspension pump & was wondering if the service/repair kits on Ebay are any good or maybe someone could point me in the right direction as a new pump (I am told) would be silly money. So any help would be much appreciated .

What car and year of manufacture?
Mostly compressor wear happens due to air pressure leaks from air spring. Is the vehicle left at the correct height in the morning after standing unused overnight?

Reactions: Bunson 1
The car is A6 Allroad C5 2005 I had a guy put laptop on it for about an hr today & go through all sensors , took suspension up & down a few times & temp went up to 107 degrees ( it should be under 96 ) so we have deduced that the pump is over working causing it to over heat. After speaking to my local Audi dealer about a new pump (£1,675.oo) I need an alternative , but don't want to put a cheap s**t 1 on there so was thinking about service kit & wondered if anyone has used the 1's from ebay . It does not drop over night .

In most cases a piston ring for about $ 15 fixes the compressor. The main problem is air spring pressure leaks

No.
When the pressure leak is not massive yet
The system has a 16 bar air pressure tank and the system will keep the vehicle straight until the air runs out in a pressure tank.
Even when the vehicle is locked and key in your pocket

I’ve rebuilt a compressor on a merc with one of those kits and it worked great.

Bunson, when you say you’ve got a problem with your compressor, what exactly do you mean?

This happens when the compressor works too long and gets very hot. To repair the compressor sometimes you need to spend more time to clean and inspect the compressor parts. For example, the compressor cylinder must be smooth without scratches, a one-way valve located on the piston requires cleaning.

Attachments

• compressor cylinder.jpg
    compressor cylinder.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 133
  • לחץ.jpg
    לחץ.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 146