Suspension options

Jambo26

Reaction score
hi

I currently have coil overs fitted but 2 springs have snapped.
What I would like to know is what sort of drop does a sline get on lowering springs. Or are lowering springs pretty much similar to standard slime drop?

Hi Jambo, i think Sline are about 25mm lower than standard so for yours to be lower you would be looking at getting springs 35-40mm lower than standard , maybe someone else with more knowle in this could help, i have a standard sport and would like to see some pics of cars lowered about 40mm,
hope this helps,

I like how low mine is. It just causes issues with Kurds and speed bumps etc that’s why I’m looking at going a set height.

Your coilover springs have snapped?
Are you looking to replace your coilovers with stock suspension?

S-line is approximately 15-20mm lower than factory. What kind of drop are you wanting?

What brand is the coilover kit you have fitted?

Damian @ DPM Performance

Yeah coilover spring has snapped. Thinking of putting back oem struts and lowering springs. Just not sure.

S-line is approximately 15-20mm lower than factory. What kind of drop are you wanting?

What brand is the coilover kit you have fitted?

Damian @ DPM Performance

I’m not sure on drop. Lower than standard sline its not super low. Sits roughly just about the tyres.
I’m sure they were v max. Yellow struts red springs if I recall

I've a 2007 S-Line. Among other mods (Revo Stage 3 and DSG Stage 2 - WOW!), I've swapped the suspension out with Bilstein B16's. A Bit pricey, but worth every penny when I bought a set of Rims to allow me to get mine refurbed. Problem was the Offset on the "New" rims was 8, while the original is 7.5 - Result? Over every bump the tyre would catch on the wheel arch. Got underneath and lifted the suspension, fiddly job with C-spanners (included with Shocks) but got the car up high enough. Wound the suspension up to stiffen it and now just waiting for the original rims to come back. A long way of saying I highly recomend the Bilsteins!

I’ve recently replaced all the springs & shocks on my Sportback as I had 2 broken rear springs and was sick of the rock-hard ride of the factory S-Line suspension .
With the factory set-up I used to wince at every bump and pothole and it ruined the driving pleasure of a car I love.
I used an Eibach Pro-kit and Bilstein B4 shocks as I wanted to maintain the S-Line ride height but didn’t want a hard ride.
This set-up is quite firm enough for me and I wouldn’t say it has transformed the car but it has made it so much more comfortable and I no longer dread every bump and imperfection in the road surface.
I think the ride height is now about 5-10mm higher than it was before on the old (presumably saggy) suspension but as the Eibach springs were shorter than the ones I took off I believe this is down to the new B4 gas shocks .
This doesn’t bother me in the slightest but worth knowing if it does bother you.....

I’ve recently replaced all the springs & shocks on my Sportback as I had 2 broken rear springs and was sick of the rock-hard ride of the factory S-Line suspension .
With the factory set-up I used to wince at every bump and pothole and it ruined the driving pleasure of a car I love.
I used an Eibach Pro-kit and Bilstein B4 shocks as I wanted to maintain the S-Line ride height but didn’t want a hard ride.
This set-up is quite firm enough for me and I wouldn’t say it has transformed the car but it has made it so much more comfortable and I no longer dread every bump and imperfection in the road surface.
I think the ride height is now about 5-10mm higher than it was before on the old (presumably saggy) suspension but as the Eibach springs were shorter than the ones I took off I believe this is down to the new B4 gas shocks .
This doesn’t bother me in the slightest but worth knowing if it does bother you.....
Nessy, can you do me a favour and measure the distance from wheel centres to the wheel arch lip, front and back. Sure my Sline springs have sagged as well

If you're thinking of going back to OE or around OE, the Bilstein B4 Sport and EIbach Pro springs are a good option.

Damian @ DPM Performance

What would be a good coilover kit? Bilstein? Difference between b14 and b16 is that the b16 is 10 adjustable?

Is it possible to see some pictures of your car with the springs and dampers on please

Depends on budget and what the car is used for - daily or track? The B14 is height adjustable, the B16 is height and damping.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Jambo26