Suspension options b5 A4

Jack_TQS

Reaction score
Hi guys so I’ve bought some h and r lowering springs for my TQS the shocks also need replacing just wondering if anyone knows a good match for the springs. So far I’ve found the Bilstein b6 are the sport variant shock vs the b4 and the b8 is designed for lowering springs. Just wondering if anyone has any accounts of what they’ve used cheers

Hi Jack. How's that car coming on?
Bilstein shocks and eibach springs are favoured by most on here i think, gives about a 40mm drop.
I have gone from standard setup to h&r coilovers (low) to to ap coilovers (rock hard) and back to standard. Speedbumps were not my best friend and the coilovers were only really at their best on smooth windy open roads.
I can't comment on the h&r springs but would like your feedback if you do indeed fit them.

The B4 dampers are basically a gas version of the standard shocks. If budget allows then the B8's are a perfect match with the H&R springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cheers guys I’ll probs go for the b8s and slow and steady Simon I’ve only just got it into the workshop so progress should go up now

Did you manage to get B8 shocks and Eibach springs? Or did you go H&R?

Well, the quattro is still in bits lol, but I got a deal on some b8s and eibachs for my fwd tdi. Not silly low and handles well, doesn't like heavy stuff in the boot though sinks down a fair bit, if that's a consideration. Didn't affect the drivability but I was taking it slow.