Suspension lowering help needed

passion

Reaction score
Hello again everyone i havnt long had my A4 on a 06 plate so i think this being a B7 model i want to change my unmarked original 17 inch wheels with a spare with dunlop tyres now on the classifield adds i want to change to the larger 19inch RS6 wheel but my car being a SE model someone told me this being 25mm higher on the suspension than the S line ( is this correct information ) so i guess for my new car to look good it needs to be dropped on the suspension so can i ask everyone has anyone got any advice on what type i need and what to expect to pay for the new suspension and the best place to purchase from.

Thanks

Emma

Hey emma iv been asking this too no1 seems to wana share come on guys

same here...coilovers or springs anyone:search:

Maybe they don't know? but i am sure someone will come along and try and answer this question i will let you know if i get any information because i want to do this to my car within the next 2 weeks.

Emma

Not sure if it is my computer but that link doesnt take me anywhere

Sorry i am having problems with my wireless connection i did take a peep and shot out of there straight away as there prices are a joke.:sadlike:

I am scratching my head here as i owned a TT for years and lowered the car alot more cheaper than £1300 sorry my boyfriend lowered the car.

I am after advice on the best way to lower my car at the cheapest price you have many springs and coilovers so this the reason for asking.

Do i need coilovers or just springs.

So springs is all i need to lower my car?
can i ask why do some people go for coilovers and some just for springs is this for the comfort why people go for the coilover? because the springs and obsorber are made for each other>?

I know this may sound silly but how much would Audi want for the spring and damper set for an S-Line?
Damobits, listed here on fleabay is breaking a 2007 S Line Avant, maybe the suspension set up is gonna come up for sael, link is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-AUDI-A4-...ryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He is a reliable guy (members of the Peugeot 406 Coupe Forum have bought from him) but I've no personal experience though.

It depends on where you live as to where you should get it done.

Give Ed Jackson at APS a call though - what they don't know about Audis is not worth knowing.

APS
Unit 8 Barrington Court
Buckingham Road Industrial Estate
Brackley
Northants
NN13 7LE

T: +44 1280 840491
F: +44 1280 703293
www.autops.co.uk

My personal recommendation would be the H&R lowering springs - these will cost under £200.

You would also benefit from a RS4 Anti Roll Bar (ARB).
The SE has a very small section one, and by upgrading, you will find the car is a lot more sure footed, without getting uncomfortable or crashing over bumps in the road.

This will cost you around £65.

Hope this helps!

Thanks both good information so how much would you exspect to pay for S LINE suspension?

Can i double check that the S LINE suspension is about 25mm lower than the SE model as i have been in touch with the breakers yard to the link above where the S LINE is getting sold off and have come up with a price but just need to double check if the suspention on the S LINE is 25mm lower than the SE model.
And that the S LINE suspension from a avant will be ok to fit to a SE model.
Would i be best to change the roll bar if i were to fit the S LINE suspension to the RS4 roll bar.

So thats a no i can not fit avant shocks and springs to my saloon.
So what is the best way for me to drop my suspension as i did telephone the number above and was told that springs alone would cost me £350 plus fitting charge and also another £70 for roll bar and fitting just sounds a little exspensive just for springs.

If you look up from this page a person give me the number

APS
Unit 8 Barrington Court
Buckingham Road Industrial Estate
Brackley
Northants
NN13 7LE

T: +44 1280 840491
F: +44 1280 703293
i telephoned them who told me a set of springs would cost £350 with fitting and shocks about another £300 this the reason i am now scratching my head not sure if its because i am female but it seems very hard to get the right deal can you tell me what you would recommend PLEASE.
I have seen coilovers on eBay starting at £199 should i stay well clear of these?

I have seen coilovers on eBay for starting from £200

passion said:
a set of springs would cost £350 with fitting

its not halfords you dont get free fitting! £350 isnt cheap but its not extortionate either.

passion said:
I have seen coilovers on eBay for starting from £200

yes they will be top quality and wont rust or fall apart, they also give a more comfortable ride than standard and handle like an F1 car.

umm not.

£150 ish for springs
£500+ for coilovers

£100-£200 for fitting depending on the hourly rate.

So what you are saying is for me to stay away from ebay coilovers at £200