Suspension comfort comparisons

holly35

Reaction score
As i have a A4 2.0 tfsi s tronic on order with standard sports suspension,can anyone comment on how it should feel compared with my previous Audis which are
2002 A4 1.9 tdi 130 sport
2007 A4 2.0 tdi s-line
2014 A3 1.2 se
?

I think I can offer a reasonable (albeit subjective) comparison. I have just changed from a 2014 A3 sportback with se suspension to an A4 Avant s line with the s line sport suspension. My wife and I do not like hard suspension (hence the se set up on the A3) and we do not notice a great difference between the two rides. My A4 was a stock vehicle, so there was no choice of suspension, but I had test driven an s line and it seemed quite OK to me so I already knew it would be acceptable.

Before the A3 we had an 8P A3 with sport suspension and that was downright uncomfortable on uneven roads, but I think Audi have improved the ride with their sport set-ups considerably. I think you'll find your new A4 compares favourably with your A3.

I've just changed from an A4 SE to an A4 S Line and was a bit worried myself about suspension because I couldn't test drive an S Line. The ride is very slightly firmer than the SE but not significantly. It certainly isn't bone shaking and my wife likes it so it can't be bad!

I also had this concern at the start - but after driving an S-Line for a few days, I never felt the drive was too harsh. I stuck with the standard config for my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As i have a A4 2.0 tfsi s tronic on order with standard sports suspension,can anyone comment on how it should feel compared with my previous Audis which are
2002 A4 1.9 tdi 130 sport
2007 A4 2.0 tdi s-line
2014 A3 1.2 se
?

My 2006 A4 s-line had a horribly crashy ride on 18" wheels (but looked good...). Since then the s line model suspensions from Audi that I have had have been much much better (B8 A4, 8V A3, B9 A4).

So I'd expect you will find it comparable to the A3 and much better than your last A4.

You are best of staying with the standard s-line sport suspension as if you go for a softer suspension it'll make the car higher, thus the wheels look smaller in the wheel arches...

You are best of staying with the standard s-line sport suspension as if you go for a softer suspension it'll make the car higher, thus the wheels look smaller in the wheel arches...
That was always a criticism of the se suspension on the A3, but I lived with it.

Comfort dynamic is 20mm higher but I went for the adaptive comfort, I can live with the extra 10mm

Comfort dynamic is 20mm higher but I went for the adaptive comfort, I can live with the extra 10mm

+1

Although I have wondered if the adaptive sport suspension would have been a better option since I prefer the dynamic setting to the comfort setting and my Mrs who strongly objected to the ride on the standard sports suspension is quite happy with it.

Don't start doubting what you already have, it's a slippery slope

I am quite content with the car. I just wanted to throw it out there.

I also wonder if I should have gone the extra yard and got a 3 litre diesel, the sunroof or even an automatic :)

Reactions: maui
lol your getting towards a completely new car, maybe your wish list for next time