suspension bushes

JLawson90

Reaction score
now im aware all suspension related bushes, should be tightened up with the suspension under load ..

I'm replacing my front ARB bushes, but I dont have any ramps, only have axle stands and jacks, would having the car on stands, and jacking up under the wheel (one side at a time) to load the suspension work?

Sounds a bit dodgy to me mate, could you not find a nice raised curb, or failing that jack the car up and then lower onto blocks of wood, or both? I dont like the idea of laying under a car thats only partially supported by a stand and quite likely to topple.
Just be careful whatever way you choose.
I dont think ramps are that expensive either, and probably a lot cheaper than a funeral if it all goes wrong!!

If you're changing your Anti Roll Bar D Bushes (the ones that mount the bar to the car body), I don't believe suspension loading is an issue. Just lube the bushes well and support the car properly.

it would still be on the stands, id just be compressing one side of the suspension up at a time using the jack so it should be secure .. the cars far too low to use a curb or anything like that haha

By the time you've got a wheel at ride height, that corner, and it's stand, are completely unloaded, and you're putting a side load on the three remaining stands.

It's not worth killing yourself over is it?

Could always make some stands/blocks, jack the car up and put each corner on the said implement. Make sure it is on the suspension though not the chassis, a ramp wouldn't really help you as the just lifts the chassis... either put blocks under each wishbone or blocks under each wheel.