Suspected Air Leak

Siondc

A4 Avant 2.0tfsi KO4
Reaction score
As I’ve just got my girl to pass her MOT (just) it’s time to start on all the little niggles.
When she’s warmed up the revs rise while the clutch is released. I’ll pull up to some lights, take it out of gear and come off the clutch the revs rise, or if I’m going along and come off the accelerator she carries on for a bit then jerks like I’ve just taken my foot off. If I put my foot under the accelerator and pull up on it, the revs fall and she idles nicely. I’ve had the throttle body realigned but it didn’t make a difference. I think it might be an air leak but I’ve checked all the boost hoses and pcv hoses but nothing stands out. Does these sound like the symptoms of air leak or am I looking in the wrong area?

Its sounds like the clutch switch

Reactions: Tj 0785
I doesn’t “self rev” when changing gears though, and only when the clutch is released? Would the clutch switch show up as a fault if I scanned it?

yeah search the forum etc for the instructions it's under "cruise control" in VCDS - it's not a fault, it a measuring block figure you need to look for. I cant remember exactly.