• Start date
I

imported_andreitentean

What do you thing about this system ?
Is it good?
whould it make some bhp?
I can not post a picture.

Unfortunately no pic....

On the S3 an exhaust does not really bring any gains in terms of what you would see in improvement of BHP or Torque, but you may feel the car revs a little easier and that you have more low down torque, but the main improvement has to be sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

You can try a search on here for the various discussions on exhausts on the S3, and what peoples opinions are as to the benifits.

The Supersprint race system should see some gains .. no cats and minimal silencing - too loud for UK use sadly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have the street system and quality is very good indeed.

A

why do you say "some gains" because after chip i am sure that will be more than "some" back presure due to increasted turbo presure.

[ QUOTE ]
why do you say "some gains" because after chip i am sure that will be more than "some" back presure due to increasted turbo presure.

[/ QUOTE ]

S3 has twin cats as standard (cats in parallel reduces back pressure) so replacing them wont give you huge gains as they were well designed to begin with.

Common belief that the restriction in the S3 exhaust is the manifold/downpipe - not the exhaust.

A

for the downpipe i had found one solution -> the neuspeed but for the manifold i can't find one. Could you help me?

[ QUOTE ]
for the downpipe i had found one solution -> the neuspeed but for the manifold i can't find one. Could you help me?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.atpturbo.com/ ?

... not sure if there's a widely available LHD manifold for the S3 lump yet - and if there are then the flanges will be for uprated larger turbos.

Adam

[ QUOTE ]

Common belief that the restriction in the S3 exhaust is the manifold/downpipe - not the exhaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

And even on that it would appear more to be the manifold, and even then the system really doesn't need much cahnging unless a new larger turbo's fitted from what i know......however on an A3 the downpipe is the most restrictive part.