Supersport seats VS wingbacks

BennybS3

Reaction score
Im looking at selling my 8p s3 and upgrading to the s3 8v but I'm undecided on interior.

I have a set of wingbacks in my 8p and have been looking at supersports for the 8v but what's people opinion? I may swap my wingbacks over as I have seen people have them in their 8v.

Do it.

I miss the buckets I had in my 8P the SS look great but don't come close for support, especially in the shoulder area.

Reactions: SJ43, lenny151 and batch
Im looking at selling my 8p s3 and upgrading to the s3 8v but I'm undecided on interior.

I have a set of wingbacks in my 8p and have been looking at supersports for the 8v but what's people opinion? I may swap my wingbacks over as I have seen people have them in their 8v.

The wingbacks are a far superior seat in every possible way. Wouldnt even put them in the same category!

I may just get one with ss in and if don't like them,sell them and put my wingbacks in lol

I've spent time in both the 8V sports seat and the supersports seat, and to be honest they feel so similar that I'm almost convinced they share the same chassis. If I were blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell you which seat I was sitting in.

The supersports seats do look the part though, with diamond stitching and a very pleasing shape that definitely says 'premium', but they're no more supportive than the standard seat. If you compare them to say, the recaro seats in a focus ST, you quickly see that the Audi seat is mostly style over substance.

I still ordered them though. I wanted electric lumbar anyway, so it was only another £400 to throw in the flash seats, it's just a shame they didn't get Recaro involved to do the job properly.

Reactions: richinsoton, Rob2k68 and Dandanfings
I've spent time in both the 8V sports seat and the supersports seat, and to be honest they feel so similar that I'm almost convinced they share the same chassis. If I were blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell you which seat I was sitting in.

The supersports seats do look the part though, with diamond stitching and a very pleasing shape that definitely says 'premium', but they're no more supportive than the standard seat. If you compare them to say, the recaro seats in a focus ST, you quickly see that the Audi seat is mostly style over substance.

I still ordered them though. I wanted electric lumbar anyway, so it was only another £400 to throw in the flash seats, it's just a shame they didn't get Recaro involved to do the job properly.

They do share the same frame/chassis
It's really cheeky but all Audi have done is interegrated the headrest and given it some fancy stitching.

Dimensionally they are the same as the standard Audi seat that comes in every model from the 1.2tsi to the s3!

It's unacceptable imo and I even wrote to Audi about it, they should of offered a proper sports seat option like they did on the previous s3.
I often find myself falling out of the seat when on a track!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
The wingbacks are certainly the more supportive seat but the OEM Supersports look the part and will actually add value to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingback's without a doubt, Supersport aren't even close to being "sports" seats.
Style over function for sure.

Reactions: Dandanfings
Audi offered the buckets in the FL 8P why haven't they followed suit on the 8V?:sadlike:

Depends on your body shape ....

If your slim / slender then super sports seats may offer little extra support.

But IMO the super sports seats do offer useful extra support on the shoulder area.

I had a loaner S3 recently with standard seats and missed the extra shoulder support in corners that the super sports give.

The super sports also feel a tad more padded in the base .... & yes the diamond quilting & intergrated head rests does really look the part.

For me, they are more than worth the upgrade for extra comfort, support & looks.

Reactions: WarwickL
I've had both standard sport seats, and now SS seats. I wouldn't have spec'd them based on cost and didn't think they would be worth it but got a stock car in the end. They look great and although they don't hold you any better I would certainly spec them again without hesitation. They look superb and like snake, I do notice the additional shoulder support. Maybe Audi should've named them a premium sport seat instead of the Supersport seat which I think is a bit misleading.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I personally wouldn't go anywhere near black Audi leather hence l ain't got SS seats,it's another negative point amongst many on the S3

I didn't want little lad to feel 'boxed in' when sitting in the back so went for standard seats but with electric lumbar - nice to be able to adjust the headrest height though. Only now beginning to feel myself sliding around in them whilst cornering after having the uprated roll bars fitted.

Reactions: SJ43
Depends on your body shape ....

If your slim / slender then super sports seats may offer little extra support.

But IMO the super sports seats do offer useful extra support on the shoulder area.

I had a loaner S3 recently with standard seats and missed the extra shoulder support in corners that the super sports give.

The super sports also feel a tad more padded in the base .... & yes the diamond quilting & intergrated head rests does really look the part.

For me, they are more than worth the upgrade for extra comfort, support & looks.

Agree.

Same applies to the WB's vs the SS's.

Depends on your body shape and your usage.

I looked at and tried both locally and actually dislike the WB's for look and usage.

We were originally looking at a second hand 8P that had WB's but the seats were just not usable for our driving. Something just not right about the bases and the backs were flat and unforgiving. They also creaked like a banshee.

Re the non SS 8V seats. My wife and I found the SS seats a lot better for comfort and support.

The SS obviously look a lot nicer but it was the support and comfort that won us over. The seats are said to share the same chassis etc but TBH, they feel totally different in every way.

Maybe they use different foam but the shoulder support is much nicer and we prefer the integrated head rests - they dont seem to stick out like the non SS seats.

Reactions: Baldyone, SJ43, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Agree.

Same applies to the WB's vs the SS's.

Depends on your body shape and your usage.

I looked at and tried both locally and actually dislike the WB's for look and usage.

We were originally looking at a second hand 8P that had WB's but the seats were just not usable for our driving. Something just not right about the bases and the backs were flat and unforgiving. They also creaked like a banshee.

Re the non SS 8V seats. My wife and I found the SS seats a lot better for comfort and support.

The SS obviously look a lot nicer but it was the support and comfort that won us over. The seats are said to share the same chassis etc but TBH, they feel totally different in every way.

Maybe they use different foam but the shoulder support is much nicer and we prefer the integrated head rests - they dont seem to stick out like the non SS seats.

Good point in the foam too ....

I had super sports seats in my S5 and the RS3 super sports seats do feel like they have thicker padding ... it's somehow firmer whilst feeling more supportive !

Either way the SSS are great and so glad I specced them too.

Reactions: SJ43
I had S-line seats for about 10k miles and then retrofitted Super sport seats and have done 10k since having them fitted.
I find the SS seats to have better shoulder support which is noticeable if you have a wide build. And love the look of them, less visibilty for people sitting in the back though thats for sure.

Sat in wingbacks in an R32 not too long ago, found them too hard for everyday use. They do look good though (and hold their value well!!!)

Should have put the TT seats in the S3/RS3 imho or at least have given us the chance to option them.

TX.

Should have put the TT seats in the S3/RS3 imho or at least have given us the chance to option them.

TX.

Funnily enough I was looking at a pair of these the other day!! If I was to go down the route standard seats how hard would it be to fit these exactly?