Superdry Clothing

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone bought this companies gear, just curious of quality.

Thanks in advance.

Too young for me mate, but I reckon it must be fairly good quality as the displays always next to Ted Baker in House Of Fraser.

Thanks in advance.

The quality isn't bad Nige, but I think their range is more suited to the slim variety of man.... basically, I looks stupid in a Superdry top, even an XL sized one... lol

I have a load of their gear but I am a slim 22 year old :hubbahubba: lol

The stuff is really good quality for the price. The T-s and the Joggers are super soft when Im just lounging round the house on the weekend I live in the joggers.

But I also have Jeans, Jackets and even my laptop case is SD

Superdry is ok. I've got a few garments.
A bit overpriced if you ask me though.

Gotta be careful when wearing their stuff though, because as mentioned, some people it will suit, others will just look plain wrong.

I don't like big logos or motifs on tops and isn't it just glorified Bench clothing. I read an article which said he got his inspiration from living over in Japan for a while.

The quality isn't bad Nige, but I think their range is more suited to the slim variety of man.... basically, I looks stupid in a Superdry top, even an XL sized one... lol

Well tbh I'm trying to shed some weight anyway so may fit me lol

I don't like big logos or motifs on tops and isn't it just glorified Bench clothing.

Yeah I have to say it took me 2 minutes to see how many big logos we're on the clothing, sometimes it just ruins it completely & all the Tee's appear with massive logos, prints etc, I dont mind some but not all, although the house joggers look comfy lol

They do a superdry basics range which is pretty good if your not a fan of the big logos on the T's. And yeah 2 british guys own it, inspirations were "Japanese design and vintage Americana"

Hollister is another good one to look at if you want some less crazy designs its Abercrombie and fitch clothing with a dif badge for half the price there joggers and jackets are even softer lol although be warned if your going into the shop you need to take a torch lol

Reactions: Keeno
jojo is right about the sizes, I bought a L jumper thinking it'd be a bit baggy but even after swapping it for an XL its quite fitted looking. In comparison, I got a shirt from J Crew about a month ago that's almost exactly the same fit, but the shirt size is M.

Decent quality stuff though, if maybe a little over prices. Their jackets seem very popular in Aberdeen.

I've got some Superdry stuff - good quality on the whole.

I likes it.

Thanks in advance.
Nigel, superdry clothing is extremely good quality, they have a very good range from shorts to jackets. The jackets are really good, go in and have a look around, they have some plain items that are not emblazoned with logos.

I find Easy at Matalan really cheap and no logos :)

But I do love Firetrap when I don't feel guilty spending all that money.

And in 10 years time I will be shuffling through M&S, or if my shares go back up, John Lewis. :)

I personally like miss sixty, but thats a female range.

I have a few SD items and they do some ready nice shirts. That said the old Osaka days are long gone, like most companies they are opting for big takings and going high st. They get greedy and forget the scene that gave them inspiration and design. For example bench used to be a kick *** range of clothing back in the day when only the likes of skateboarders, bmxers, that kinda people wore their stuff. Now fenchurch has gone the same way, I feel the heritage is lost by hitting the bigger Market that's why you don't see them as sponsors anymore. But you will find them available in most townie shopping locations these days or TK MAX:no:

Superdry stuff is pretty schweet, defo size up though. I had to get an XXL dress shirt to go around my kneck and I still can't roll the sleeves up, and Im not the biggest mofo around lol

Quality is good though I have 5-6 year old tshirts that are still good and are still nice and soft. Plus the guys are from Cheltenham so I have a soft spot for it.

It's not all massive logos either

some people it will suit, others will just look plain wrong.

It doesn't suit me, think along the lines of 55 yrd old slap head in a drop top porsche with a 20yrds old blonde passenger.

Yep, totally wrong. Most of my stuff is Helly Hansen, Under Armour for the inner stuff and Berghaus for the outer stuff.

Love the Superdry clothes but only those with minimal logos.
Try on in store and buy cheaper on line - there is an official superdry ebay shop.

Hollister is another good one to look at if you want some less crazy designs its Abercrombie and fitch clothing with a dif badge for half the price there joggers and jackets are even softer lol although be warned if your going into the shop you need to take a torch lol

Yeah some of their stuff looks nice, but I'll be ******** if they think I am going to queue to enter their store. I go home to Cardiff on the odd occasion and I have never seen the store without queue and it is normally quite long.

I have a few t-shirts and polos and they are slim fit which is fine if you're slim! Their polos are my favourite but I recently got a lee cooper soft touch polo from matalan and its identical in fit and quality for half the price!

for gods sake don't be a victim and make your own mind up! if you like it buy it if not then don't
as others have said I like it but it comes up small / slim fitting and the quality seems fine to me

Does asking the quality mean I will be buying without checking for myself, uhhh no, just means I would go, have a gander based on knowing the products use good materials, therefore not a wasted trip!!

Go for it Nige, quality is good and I know how fussy you are! But must admit, hate seeing guys in joggers, sorry but it just says 'cant be bothered to make an effort' to me!

Reactions: Stringster
As said my old superdry t's are still good and they get worn alot 5 years and still going sort of thing,

Get down to House of Fraser if you're in the country. Big sales at the moment on most brands (incl. Superdry).
Just picked up this Jack and Jones t-shirt for £3.60.

12033092_green.jpg

Not everyone's taste maybe.... but I like it :yes:

The sizing on these type of brands is ridiculous though. I'm an average sized geezer, probably weigh in at around 12-12.5 stone and wear a 15-16" collar in shirts, but I had to buy XL in this t-shirt. Fits like a medium.

Reactions: supanova
As other people have noted a lot of their X and XL stuff is a bit on the Medium side, as far as quality goes I have a lot of their t-shirts some of them have been worn to death but still in pretty good condition, I usually wait until theres a sale on and get the cheaper plainish t-shirts.

Superdry FTL!! well over here anyway. so played out like everyone is wearing superdry clothing im talking from 6 year olds to 50year olds i see like a family of 6 all wearing superdry coats. so chavvy. the t-shirts arnt bad thats bout it.

Supernova, I know what you mean, years ago I had an Affliction tee shirt and no one else did. All of a sudden everyone was wearing them, mine ended up in a charity shop.
There is no way I would wear Ed Hardy though.