Superchips remap booked for 3.2

A3_3.2_S-Line

Reaction score
Booked a visit to Superchips St. Albans to get my 3.2 remapped on Monday.

They dont do Bluefin for the 3.2 so I'm getting the custom map. Thing is I am having second thoughts after reading crap about Audi dealers being able to detect the modification to the ecu.

Does anyone know if this is true? :racer:

Booked a visit to Superchips St. Albans to get my 3.2 remapped on Monday.

They dont do Bluefin for the 3.2 so I'm getting the custom map. Thing is I am having second thoughts after reading crap about Audi dealers being able to detect the modification to the ecu.

Does anyone know if this is true? :racer:

They would have to be looking for it to find it. And I don't know what kind of gains Superchips gets you but the 3.2 chips over here(REVO & GIAC) gain you very little, 12-15 HP and about the same ft./lbs of torque. What will they see even if they do look?

I think they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed (overwritten), but then I think Superchips can reset that Flash number to zero so it looks as though it's never been done. Having said that, it might be set to 1 or 2 anyway if the dealer has ever upgraded it during a service or something.

I have a Chipped UK remap on my 3.2 and it is noticable. The quoted increase was 18bhp and that feels about right. What was best was the increase in mid range torque and if they are doing a custom map ask them to try and get rid of the horrible on/off feeling to the first few mm of throttle travel. It does not totally get rid of it, but mine is much better now!

I think they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed (overwritten), but then I think Superchips can reset that Flash number to zero so it looks as though it's never been done. Having said that, it might be set to 1 or 2 anyway if the dealer has ever upgraded it during a service or something.

Its usually the bluefin device itself that resets the counter to zero on petrol cars but this can also be done via laptop serial port programming.

The gains won't be massive but noticeable and reflected in the price.

Superchips will give you a 1 yr or 30,000 mile warranty anyway which you won't need so don't worry about it. In your case I'd have been more tempted to go for a full miltel exhaust system and liberate the extra power and gorgeous sound that way but, this is a more 'obvious' mod. I'd be tempted to book in at the SC Bucks HQ so you get a before and after dyno print plus the AudiSport Net discount.

Probably not worth it mate on a n/a car.

I was disappointed with the [40 odd hp] Bluefin gain on an S3...

18bhp not that much you should have gone to DMS automotive

they are undetctable to the dealer and give the best gains 22bhp and 26lb/ft torque increase

I have had it done on mine - engine tone goes slightly louder more of a grunt, being a dsg it just wants to blip through all the gears

also if your car ever goes to audi for a fault and they reflasg the ecu you will lose the chip whereas if that happens with DMS they will happily come out to your house again and map it for you.

Plus superchips do all of the above, you may only geta peak gain of 18bhp but the car will drive a lot better and pound for pound its an in-expensive mod for the gain - a lot of people spend £1,000 plus on a new exhaust system hoping to gain 10 - 15bhp.

Go for it, if you're not happy go back within 7 days and have your money back.

Spin

Superchips "hid" mine so its undetectable ask for the same thing.

I think they put it somewhere in the lighting "brain" I donno but I got 40+ from mine and am verry happy! S3 though not 3.2

Had this fitted and I am very happy. Car just wants to take off now! Its also a little louder for some reason. Only really noticed after people started turning around to see what was coming there way. Now I'm addicted to the sound of the throaty V6 under acceleration, fuel consumption has taken a hit as a result.

The car runs pritty much the same way as before up to about 3500rpm and then just goes bonkers to the red line. Third & fourth gear acceleration is very impressive.

Another thing i have noticed is that the engine revs a ittle higher (250rpm maybe) and the rev limiter power cut off thing has also be removed, the needle just bounces now.

But of course the above could all be in my head as I cant remember what the car felt like before now :)

So tempted to get this on my R32, need to resist, can't afford to be splashing out on unnecessary items.

Your rev limiter will have been removed, on my car it's at around 6800RPM which is a bit **** really.

C'mon fella , put the results on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought you might have a "before and after" graph ? :think: