Superchips had my A3 all day today!!

MattS

Reaction score
Due to my bluefin having that glitch at 5000rpm which feels like a misfire, Superchips offered to send a few maps over the net for me to try, but after a few calls with Joe Berry there, I offered to give them my car to get the problem sorted first hand.

I arrived just after 8am this morning to be presented with the keys to their Focus 2.0 TDCi with a re-map (Which was lots of fun!!), so I went off to do my work and returned in the afternoon.

All done and sorted, there was a few parameters that needed expanding in the re-map, but after alot of road testing and a rolling road run, no misfire, and pulls very strong all the way to the top!!!

Was very pleased with the end result!!

257.5bhp and 274.5lb/ft torque which equates to 372.2 Nm

The Superchips technical director Jamie Turvey oversaw the entire day, and stated mine was one of the highest power A3 2.0T FSi they had done which I was well pleased about!!

So in my eyes now, Superchips and their very impressive set up would be recomended by me to anyone wanting a re-map.

Excellent news.

I dropped a line to Jamie a week or so ago about the performance of the Audis vs. the GTIs on their open day. It appears you've been the guinea pig :)

I'll get back in touch now and see what they can do.

Very interesting power results as, when I was down there at the uk-mkivs day, they said the A3 2.0Ts weren't making the same power as the Golf GTIs. The former tend to make around 230ish whilst the Golfs are more like 240. Either you've been lucky or your donation of the car for the whole day has allowed them to track down the problem and other A3 owners may now benefit from improved performance.

To d3fy and Vertigo1,

Want me to find out? :)

Can't have those MKV boys getting all above themselves :)

Could look in Audi Driver mag. They have tested a new S3 with a touch of superchip
306 bhp @6557 and382 Nm @3182

Jamie did say that the Golf's were making better figures as a norm, but even Jamie was suprised at my results.

Who knows, maybe it is how I ran it in from new using only V-Power or BP Ultimate.

But now it is 100% sorted and brilliant to drive, Jamie did say he would use the same configuration on others.

newbiecrg said:
Any superchips remap for the S3? Could not find anything on the site...

Pedro

It's not ready for sale as yet, a bit of further testing is going on.

I also spoke to Jamie about the map for the S3 and he confirmed it will be available soon but they want to test it for a while first to ensure nil issues, it's reassuring they don't use customers as guinea pigs.

Ref the highest power output I was told this about my A4 2.0tdi which made 160bhp as standard then mapped at 198bhp, my previous 2.0tdi gave 149 & 188 respectively, the car certainly feels quick but could this be a coincidence that both our cars have achieved such high figures? S/C rollers have always been reknowned for being accurate and I have personally had their figures verified at RR days in the past, guess it doesn't matter so long as the customer is happy with the result and they continue to give excellent service.

Last 5 cars been remapped by them so I guess I'm a fan :)

Thanks for the info Matt, mine was having misfire problems when i put mine on the rollers at their rolling road open day

i got 235bhp and jamie told me that further investigation needed to be carried out to sort out the lack of power and misfire.

i'll ring him tomorrow and see if he can let me download the map you have got on your car.

Watch this space Robin.

Mine didn't misfire but it was holding back over 5.5k revs so after seeing Matt's original post I got in touch and Jamie sent me the new Bluefin installation software quickly followed by the revised remap. He wants to get my car down there tomorrow for a dyno run and some logging. I'll keep you posted. I'll post the new and old dynos.

spoken to Jamie today and he was as helpful as ever

currently downloading the new map onto the car now and will be taking it out for a good drive to see if it solves the problem

i really can't big up superchips customer service enough, simply 100% brilliant!

drove the car with the new map and the misfire is not there anymore, looks like superchips have solved the problem, Jamie said that mines is the 3rd car to have the new map so he is confident that the problem has been sorted

also just to add the car goes like stink now, much more powerful than the old map

thanks superchips!

I was stood next to him when you phoned this morning!

I've returned with a bundle of dyno printouts for comparison and I'll post them up tonight.

Me too, shame it's not out yet... group buy anyone??

JohnS3 said:
Me too, shame it's not out yet... group buy anyone??

Worth keeping in mind. UKMKIVs got 15% off if it was in conjunction with the open day and a 10% discount seems to be running indefinitely.

RobinA3 said:
The Bluefin is out for the S3!

Just looked on the website, no sign of it. Where did you see it or find out the info?

it was reviewed in Audi Driver magazine last mth, give super chips a call

I did that and was told that it's not yet available for sale. Still doing some testing before final release.

ah right, in audi magazine they drove the car etc and said the remap was well worth the money

surely S3 drivers don't need more power?!

i reckon with the new map i am running 240-245bhp if not more and it is really rapid so with 260bhp in the S3 i can't see why you would need more power but then again with remaps its not all about the power, driveability is also improved.

I have done about 300 miles since the car spent the day with Jamie, not a single misfire or lack of power. Fantastic!

MattS said:
I have done about 300 miles since the car spent the day with Jamie, not a single misfire or lack of power. Fantastic!

ditto, i have done 500miles (GF lives 120miles away!) since the new tune and not had one misfire .

Loving the extra power and extra MPG as well, got 400miles out of a tank today which averages 34mpg ish