SuperChips Bluefin.....12 months on?

WISHY

Reaction score
I have read most of the threads about SuperChips Bluefin.....and they all seem to confirm that it is a good idea? But there is hardly anyone who confirms that it still a good idea after driving with it for 12 months?

Can anyone give me feedback...problems etc? I'm thinking of get my 2.0 TDi Bluefinned but would like to know that in say 12 months time i will still be smiling!!!:)

I've had mine for 7mths now and i am still loving it as much as i did when i first got it!

Ditto 7 months (and I few days as I was the first :rockwoot: ) and still loving it. Not looking forward to the drive to trade in without it!

Had my Golf 150PD superchipped for over 12 months 20,000 miles with zero problems, many guys on the mkivs forum have done mega miles with no problems reported. Basically if you look after your car in the way it should be ie) have it serviced on time, warm up before thrashing you won't get any problems but equally this applies to standard cars as well.

Remember Superchips/bluefin give you a 30,000 mile 12 month warranty that basically mirrors your manufacturers warranty and this is renewable every 12 mths for a small cost via Firebond the insurer I think it was about £50 but I never bothered renewing as the customer service is so good anyway.

Robin have you driven an S3 yet? and if so was if after you bluefinned??

I took one out today and was suprised there isn't as much low down grunt as in my car. I noticed it straight away and even my mate as a passenger noticed it. Of course further up the power is there but then I got back in mine afterwards and found it so much better to be able to pull away at such low revs.

Bluefin on the S3 is a no brainer for me.

WISHY said:
Can anyone give me feedback...problems etc?

They're a very reputable company as are all the big name tuners. They can't afford not to be. Imagine how fast news would get around the VAG forums if someone's car went pop and it was a result of a remap.

I've had mine since just before the UKMKIVs Open Day so I guess thats about 5/6 months and it still impresses me. Mines the 2.0T but squeeze the loud pedal in third and you'll be grinning from ear to ear. I suppose you do get used to it a little but if that happens just turn it off for a week and then go back. And that's not just SC Bluefin, I used to do that every now and again with Revo and Custom Code on my 1.8T. Word of warning though, if this is your first mod then it's the best bang for buck you can get. The downside is that it's a slippery slope and you won't stop modding after that :)

btw, I think membership of UKMKIVs still gets you a 10% discount on Bluefin. Let's be honest, you're losing money not buying one :)

<edit> Just a thought but the handset is a nice bit of kit too. It has geek appeal </edit>

6 months for me and still 110% happy with it, always puts a smile on my face especially after driving the work Kangoo all week and is a must have mod for the 2.0TDI imo :thumbsup:

Really does transform the car and imo it should have left the factory like it is now...