Superchips 2.0 190 tfsi

DAZZA1

Reaction score
Dominic at Superchips has let me know that a remap is now available and they have cracked the ecu. Puts it up to about 240 bhp. Anyone going to have it done soon?

Dominic at Superchips has let me know that a remap is now available and they have cracked the ecu. Puts it up to about 240 bhp. Anyone going to have it done soon?
Thanks for letting us know, I have been waiting for this to come out as I still have my Bluefin device from when I mapped my Focus if it is compatible...

Last edited:
No idea about Superchips but Unicorn say they can remap the 2.0 TFSI 190 PS to 250+. That's where I'll be getting my remap done once the Audi warranty on the car runs out or is close to running out - i can't risk invalidating the warranty on a 40k car. And I can't be bothered with faffing around with tuning boxes.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/190ps-stage-1-tune-dyno.362926/

My 2018 Q5 is already 252bhp as standard, and is probably evolution of this engine so would definitely be possible. I had a Bluefin on my A6 2.0 TDI 190, and it made a BIG difference especially in responsiveness. I would just flash back to standard when car went in, and obviously did the same when car was P/X'd. I liked the fact you could flash back, and was led to believe by Superchips at the time that it would not show TD1.

Incidentally they haven't cracked the above iteration, so I sold the device, to a happy punter who now gets 350bhp from his Golf R

Reactions: Audib5fan
One experience with Superchips on a BMW120d - map was awful, over fuelling, smoking, huge flat spots and then big lumps of torque.

Went back and forth with different map versions for months, it was never right.

Appreciate some people may have different experiences, but I'd never touch Superchips again, personally.

Reactions: NevMan
One experience with Superchips on a BMW120d - map was awful, over fuelling, smoking, huge flat spots and then big lumps of torque.

Went back and forth with different map versions for months, it was never right.

Appreciate some people may have different experiences, but I'd never touch Superchips again, personally.
Nightmare, I must have been lucky, as have read a number of other negs about them, but mainly around not extracting as much performance as others, like Unicorn, MRC etc. But to be honest, I found my sluggish 190ps a completely different beast with map on. Also really liked the fact I could revert back to standard myself within 10 mins. Was going to keep the handset and get the map for Q5, however following me working with them connecting and uploading to their site, they can't read the Conti ECU. It does seem as though they have fallen behind by some margin, as not sure how you can not have a map when a model has been out well over a year. Tempted by Revo, but think I will leave this one standard, as with 3k miles on, the car is nice a responsive, and the TFSI SO much better (IMHO) than the TDI, but then I am not bothered by fuel consumption as do relatively low mileage.

Reactions: Audib5fan
Issues with remaps can, in certain cases, can be down to an undiscovered issue with the car. My experience with superchips has always been good but I am sure you could pick out one unhappy customer with all of the companies.

They've replied to my query about my bluefin device, in the space of two hours, but unfortunately the one I have isn't compatible so I would have to pay the full wack...

Issues with remaps can, in certain cases, can be down to an undiscovered issue with the car. My experience with superchips has always been good but I am sure you could pick out one unhappy customer with all of the companies.

They've replied to my query about my bluefin device, in the space of two hours, but unfortunately the one I have isn't compatible so I would have to pay the full wack...
very true, same with me, very helpful, especially Dominic. I would chuck your device on fleabay, and look for similar used device that matches your car, then just pay for map

I will probably use the Bluefin on the 1.0 ecoboost fiesta my partner has. But yes Dominic was very helpful...

Good news from superchips is that my old bluefin will work on the fiesta so only £266 inc vat and p&p. Bargain...

Reactions: Audib5fan and NevMan
Good news from superchips is that my old bluefin will work on the fiesta so only £266 inc vat and p&p. Bargain...
nice one, that is a result. getting one for your A4, or not yet?

nice one, that is a result. getting one for your A4, or not yet?
Probably not at the moment, wait and see what other people's experiences are. Interested to see if it is detectable or not even when removed, from my own experiences it should be but then you never know with VAG...