Super Sport seats option on a 2016 S-line?

will_0407

Reaction score
I've found a 184 2016 (16) A3 S-line I like the look of- some good optional extras and in my price bracket.

However, it has super sports seats. I have a pdf of the 2014 price/options guide (as I saved it when I got my 2014 A3 sport) and it shows in there that the Super Sport seats were only available for the S3 which is also what I always thought.

Is that the case? If so, the seats must have been put in afterwards, in which case I will probably leave it as there's no telling what else could have been modified and not mentioned.

I have asked the re-seller to check the seats to see if they have the S3 embossed (as I can't tell from the pics), although I know in newer models they only show S now.

Can you supply a picture ? I wouldn't be to concerned if someone has fitted SS seats as they are a nice upgrade, and they can be bought from breakers etc quite easily.

Two images attached, they're not high enough res to be able to pick out the detail. If they just had S on then I may still consider, but if they have the S3 logo on then I'd give it a miss

The S looks quite off centre which makes me think they are the S3 version

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 12.12.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 12.12.23.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 416
  • Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 12.12.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 12.12.13.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
Brochures are notoriously inaccurate but looking at the brochure edition 8 dated Apr-2015 for MY16 does list Super Sports seats as an option for S-Line but at twice the option price for SS seats on the S3.

Brochures are notoriously inaccurate but looking at the brochure edition 8 dated Apr-2015 for MY16 does list Super Sports seats as an option for S-Line but at twice the option price for SS seats on the S3.

Interesting, thanks for the info, much appreciated. It's over an hour drive away and I have a family bbq today (although given how windy it is I think I'll be cooking on my lonesome and we'll all be eating inside!).

I'll wait for the seller to come back to me and fingers crossed it check out in which case I'll go and see it tomorrow

@JohnM100 Could you send me a copy of the brochure if you have it in pdf format please?

Last edited:
You definitely could get the super sports as an option on s lines, when I got the S3 Swindon Audi had a Vegas yellow diesel with super sports in, I wouldn’t be too put off just yet.

You definitely could get the super sports as an option on s lines, when I got the S3 Swindon Audi had a Vegas yellow diesel with super sports in, I wouldn’t be too put off just yet.
Thanks, thats reassuring to know

Reactions: TYb
Yeah you could get them when I had my old A3 because I really wanted them, something crazy like a £2000+ option though on S-Lines and very rare, if you speak to Audi UK and give them the reg they’ll be able to check their systems and tell you what options the car was spec’d with when it left the factory :icon thumright:

The SS seat were an option on the facelifts in 2016 when I spec’d mine and also were an option on the pre facelift in 2016 because I optioned my current car as a pre facelift and had to option it up again as a facelift because the order book close before my order was placed. The SS seats was an option I was considering at the time but as people have said it was an expensive option due to having to go full leather as well.

The brochure has 2 prices; one for S-Line and one for S3, hence 2 lines for the SS Seat option.
A3 Brochure SS Seats options

Reactions: Jcbmally
Two images attached, they're not high enough res to be able to pick out the detail. If they just had S on then I may still consider, but if they have the S3 logo on then I'd give it a miss

The S looks quite off centre which makes me think they are the S3 version

Aren’t the S logos the same now for S-line and S3?

Now yes - don't know if that applied to the 2016 models though.
Was going to ask this- if i turn up and they have s3 on them, I’m not sure if that categorically means theyve been fitted aftermarket.

With the amount of extras on the car, I’m inclined to believe they were specced on purchase because it seems like it’s no expense spared.

It’s on 72,500 for a 2016 plate so clearly been driven alot, id guess motorway miles though.

The super sports seats have S logo same as Sline , not s3 logo , I’ve just had a look at neighbours S3 and the logo on the seats it’s same as Sline

Good news, they're embossed with S-line. Better news... I took the plunge and bought it. I'll start a new thread with pics etc as I have a couple of retrofits I'll be looking to get quotes for

Reactions: Jcbmally
Good news, they're embossed with S-line. Better news... I took the plunge and bought it. I'll start a new thread with pics etc as I have a couple of retrofits I'll be looking to get quotes for

Congratulations amazing car !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro