Super sport seats backing removal.

seanbeckerleg

Reaction score
Good evening guys!
Just wondering if any of you lot could help me out with a few tips with how to remove the backing of the super sport seats?
I want to autoflex them a high gloss black, but I’m a little nervous on getting them off without breaking any tabs/clips.
A picture of the backings removed might help also if anyone could source one?
Tia
8fcf8b4ee72f31c9da82da95f0366969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170 and Seanix
Good evening guys!
Just wondering if any of you lot could help me out with a few tips with how to remove the backing of the super sport seats?
I want to autoflex them a high gloss black, but I’m a little nervous on getting them off without breaking any tabs/clips.
A picture of the backings removed might help also if anyone could source one?
Tia
8fcf8b4ee72f31c9da82da95f0366969.jpg

There will be someone on here, also there are photos on the forum with alternative seat backs installed.

There will be someone on here, also there are photos on the forum with alternative seat backs installed.

I’ve been asking the question for a couple of days with no luck.
There are carbo fibre seat backs available on the market at nearly £2k, but I want to just spray mine gloss black.
With other versions available it gives me hope that someone might have some pointers to how the factory ones remove

I’ve been asking the question for a couple of days with no luck.
There are carbo fibre seat backs available on the market at nearly £2k, but I want to just spray mine gloss black.
With other versions available it gives me hope that someone might have some pointers to how the factory ones remove

Instead of attempting a spray job, get a price for the same seat backs but in black, then it’s a straight swap.
It will cost more than a spray job but will look much better.

Instead of attempting a spray job, get a price for the same seat backs but in black, then it’s a straight swap.
It will cost more than a spray job but will look much better.

I plan to autoflex them.... similar to a 3M wrap, but better. Down the line it can just be peeled off..... the picture attached is what I did with the S3 I had, i later peeled to sell and buy an rs3 :)
I hope to replicate the same quality finish but in black on the seat backs.

I posted the same question on the s3 side of this forum and looks like I got an answer to how to remove these.

IMG 0086
311329b23bcfd9107e6be5623c8301f9.jpg
fc066b9c05a1bdf4c5531833de1383da.jpg

649ee4e9e70036c5fb1cd0fa4a9b9488.jpg
d5829609e3457170cb2aef57cd7e6b4e.jpg

This might be some help to you mate if the seat make up drawing
2E3C4425 7DB7 43A9 BA66 C6A68A8D3CCC