Supagard and Diamondbrite worth it? ANy cheaper alternatives in Midlands?

S9DGIE

Reaction score
I've just ordered a new A4 avant black edition in brilliant black solid colour.
The dealer said it would be £495 for paint protection, and i'd never have to wax car again - is it worth it?
Or can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative, or someone good in the Midlands area to do it instead?
I wouldnt have chosen black, it's just I needed to keep ££ down. It's a ****** to keep on top of.
Just be interested to see if anyone has paid the dealer for this. This is my first new audi.

Reactions: V6_Man
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend dealers (others might have a different view). And this is based on my personal experience of when I bought my car and agreed for AG Lifeshine. I said yes to it only because they were offering it for free and deep inside I knew it was not a wise decision. I could see the swirls on the car on the second wash - pretty annoyed tbh. Have a look here; these are recommended by DW forum with details of different detainees in Midlands area. I am sure someone will be able to help choose from the list.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40246

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I would agree with the above post. Far better to find a local detailing firm. I had mine done after I bought it new and he still found quite a few swirls/scratches on a car that was less than 3 weeks old and paint would supposedly be as good as it was ever going to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man and scotty76
Get a detailing firm local to you to do it. They will prep the car properly before applying the products. In my experience (and this may not apply to all), your £495 will get the car washed, hoovered and product applied, no that might sound ok but bear in mind, your car was possible made in germany or abroad somewhere, would have sat in a storage yard, sat on a train, sat in another storage yard before delivery to your dealer, where is the prep. On top of that, the product is not £495 to buy but circa £40/50 and the product you buy will be used on as many other cars as possible. Plus aud/vag/bmw paint isnt the best finish and is often quite pebbled.
For me find a decent local firm and get them to spend a full day or 2 on it

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and daytonamart
I have an autoglym lifeshine kit in the garage and sell it at work

Have used the glass guard and interior protector on the car but won't put the polish on

Prefer to layer up the glazes and waxes

Hi

I had both before I realised it was a complete rip off, so don't bother and use the money saved to either buy some decent products and look after the car yourself, or find a professional detailer in your area.

Could be a strong statemen, but I'm convinced the dealers see paint protection as a money making opportunity along with other extras like GAP, key, tyre and wheel insurance. Avoid and you will save a shed load of money.

Hi

I had both before I realised it was a complete rip off, so don't bother and use the money saved to either buy some decent products and look after the car yourself, or find a professional detailer in your area.

Could be a strong statemen, but I'm convinced the dealers see paint protection as a money making opportunity along with other extras like GAP, key, tyre and wheel insurance. Avoid and you will save a shed load of money.

I don't think that you are over stating anything, that list is all opportunistic upselling, I drove a very hard/tight deal when buying my wife a new Polo, factory order, from my local VW dealer - then felt guilty and allowed them to sell me a paintwork protection - what a softy!

i had mine for free... have removed it all now and applied CarPro essence plus glaze