Sunroof on new 2015 RS3 - availability ??

Reaction score
I have a s3 fully specced saloon/sedan arriving next week at my local dealer with sunroof b/o tech pack driver asst DSG etc but have seen the new 2015 RS3 and can't decide to walk away from £1k deposit. However It appears that the old RS3 was not available with a sunroof and uncertain if the new one will have it available as it does on the RS5 and 4

Does anyone know the status on this? This would make the decision as I want a car with a sunroof.

The RS3 is only sportback - no saloon.

No one knows full details as they have not yet been released other than some basic stuff about what it comes with as standard. We also know it will have option for ceramic front brakes only. Should be available to order this month.

Reactions: Mike Branagan-Harris
BTW - a dealer is likely to let you transfer deposit if they keep your business unless you have spec'd the car to order opposed to one they got coming in.

see pics in other thread.

This car looks like it has a sunroof .....

image-jpg.54159

BTW - a dealer is likely to let you transfer deposit if they keep your business unless you have spec'd the car to order opposed to one they got coming in.
Yes it was a huge spec to order. I ordered it in November and got 10% discount. I'm talking to some brokers to see if I can get my £1k back somehow. Currently 4 month wait on build.

No one knows full details as they have not yet been released other than some basic stuff about what it comes with as standard. We also know it will have option for ceramic front brakes only. Should be available to order this month.
Thanks. Sorry didn't make that clear. I was looking at the sport back. I know there was a saloon built for trial purposes on the net a few months back.

Audi will likely offer everything on RS3 because that's extra cash.

Err - yes we do know the full spec (and prices for options) as it was released by Audi last month. It's even posted on this very forum. You'll note the RS3 has everything the A3/S3 SB has to option, including pano roof, SS seats, etc. Obviously there's a number of RS3 options on top of the S3, e.g. sports exhaust, carbon buckets, different wheel options, ceramic brakes, etc.

check the end of the other post in this section - its in CHF so there is no UK pricing. Sunroof is definitely in there though. Also - I don't think there is a configurator until mid April. Audi also stated in press release than customer can configure cars from Q2, which is April.

I should say I hope the configurator goes live soon, but managing my own expectations based upon what info is out there.

They red looks really orangy doesn't it.

Not a fan of the aluminium styling bits - will be standard trim or black pack for me dependent on what exterior colour I go for.

Yeah it does look orangey, I do like it but not enough to spec it, will be Suzuka grey/glacier white and black pack + quattro logo for me.

Panther black+aluminium pack and grey supersports seats for me in addition to sunroof b/o side and front assist, tech pack, hill hold, camera, folding mirrors - probably going to be £47k. Residuals should be strong as 3 year old rs3s reaching late £20-£31 k.

I am hoping Suzuka grey is available too as that would be a strong paint contender for me but with nardo grey being an option I wonder if Suzuka may be dropped.

IT'S THE CAR you're after NOT the bl**dy colour!

When you're giving an RS3 the 'whatsits' believe me you'll not be interested in its colour.

ANONIMITY is what makes the RS3 SPECIAL!

Ingolstadt has just woken up to it being a Q-car: in the mid 40's our German friends fully understood the meanings of the letter 'Q' preceding anything fast/quick/anonymous: at the recent London launch the presenter was given and well understood the message...

It's the ANONIMITY rather than the BLING that makes this RS3 FUN!

MY RS3 badges are NOT on the car: I don't want 'my other road-using friends to know it's an RS3... :racer:

Anyone that does know will know...:kissmyrings:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Suzuka grey not standard - the standard no cost colour is Nardo. The only white option is glacier. Carbon brakes and carbon door inserts shown on Arctic circle launch are not available. Just got the spec through today.

Suzuka grey not standard - the standard no cost colour is Nardo. The only white option is glacier. Carbon brakes and carbon door inserts shown on Arctic circle launch are not available. Just got the spec through today.

Was very disappointed about not seeing a selection of colours other than nardo grey. Also bucket seats + carbon trim? These were the two options i was certain i wanted