Sunroof Controls

DAC350

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure this is normal. When I click the controls to auto open the sunroof it's a fairly easy click. However when I move the control forward for auto close, it takes more force and is a much louder click. Is it normal for the auto close click to be so much harder than the auto open? Hope that makes sense!

This might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure this is normal. When I click the controls to auto open the sunroof it's a fairly easy click. However when I move the control forward for auto close, it takes more force and is a much louder click. Is it normal for the auto close click to be so much harder than the auto open? Hope that makes sense!

Seems about right, butl would have much preferred one of them blank switches in the centre of dashboard to operate the roof but who am I to tell audi where to place switches?

Depends how you push the switch to close the roof. If you push it up slightly whilst also pushing it forward it takes a little more effort rather than just pushing it forward (pushing it up and forward will close the roof and leave it tilted). But the effort shouldn't be overly more different from opening it, at least it isn't on mine.

Yeah, mine when pushing forward only is definitely harder than pushing back (auto open). It works, but if the switch is defective I rather get it taken care of now to avoid problems down the road with it.

I would get Audi to check it. Mine does not need much force to operate in any direction. A few months back another forum member had an issue with his switch and Audi replaced it.

I'd agree if in doubt, get it checked by your dealer. At least then if there is an issue later (hopefully not!) you can point back to them checking it