Sunglasses holder fitment issue

Davec30

Reaction score
I bought this from eBay and trying to fit it however I can't seem to get the little plastic covers off the handle to get my not the screws? Can anyone help and tell me how to do it with breaking it?

Thanks.

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 294
So the middle part of the hinge needs to be pulled out and then the releases the tension from the spring which will allow you to pull the handle out. When you get it out, you will most like disassemble the spring part to add to the new sunglass holder. The one I have was not a direct fit as well.

I can't work out how to get the plastic cover off the first part to get to the hing. Does it pull off or slide out and what did you use to get it? I must be missing something.

after you get the grey pieces to slide toward you - somewhat horizontally, then the whole assembly will be able to be pulled down. You will see the tension square holders which you will need to fix to the sunglasses holder. I had to cut some of the plastic too on the sunglasses holder as it didn't tilt down enough.

Here is a picture of how I used the OEM parts on the aftermarket sunglass holder to get it to work properly.

11984524_10100597610520783_1987400394_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Davec30
Thanks for that. It's the little covers I have an issue with getting off. I'll try again later. I thought this would be a straightforward job!!

Thanks again

Dave

In the image above, get a tool with a flat spade that can fit between the white cylinder part and the grey piece. Slowly pull on the grey piece and it should pull toward you, releasing the tension spring.

Reactions: Davec30