sunglass holder

a3kid

Reaction score
i am enquiring as to whether the sunglasses holder off the MK4 Golf will fit my A3 replacing the drivers grab handle. I have been told only minor mods to hole centres in the holder is all thats required. Has anyone had experience in fitting this holder?

There's one from (IIRC) the Bora that fits with NO MODS required. I don't have the part number, but have a gray one on the driver's side of my TQ. If I find the numbers, I'll post them up.

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice one Drill - i've been eyeing the ones up on ebay for a while but wasn't sure which one to go for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

could be an interesting fitment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

how big is the bora unit, anyone have any pics?

[ QUOTE ]
drill that is blatant whoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i've got a post facelift for what its worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry dude, been a busy week. Anyway, if it'll make you feel any better, I'll walk out and look now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just found out the Passat holder will fit as hole centres are the same at 170mm, Golf mk4 centres 145mm. Had rang VAG Parts and they quote the Golf mk4 suitable so i questioned them on hole centres and they replied that if my hole centres are 170mm, Passat will fit. They say they have not come across this before

there is one listed under the online shop on vagparts website for the A3!!!

text below from there website.

Sunglass holder
This sunglass holder replaces a grab handle in the headlining and provides a safe, secure place to store your sunglasses when not in use. Soft anti scratch lining and soft touch open/close.

Known to fit MK3 and MK4 Golf, Bora, A3, some Polo's and probably more cars.

Available in pearl grey (pictured) and light beige. Choose below.

Order number: 1J0857465***
Our price: 15.81 GBP
29.90 USD
plus 17.5% VAT

Colour: Pearl grey(Y20) Light beige(8YS)

Dude, here's a pic of a light gray one fitted on my light blue headliner. In the harsh light from the flash, it's more noticeable, but otherwise, I think it looks fine (Esp. once I get one for the other side to match)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sunglass_holder_installed.sized.jpg

£15.98 actually.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif...some of us don't earn extra cash from part time stand up comedy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif