sump gasket?

finny_quattro

Reaction score
where will i get one of these from? im buying a new sump anyway as the idiot who had done work on the car before me had hacked the bolt to bits and the sump with it then jb welded the bolt back in...

aswel as this i think the sump is leaking from the top as it stands anyway???

ive found sumps on ebay dead cheap (52 quid) just no sign of a gasket>?

cheers

i didnt think they did as all i could find was the sealant cheers mate your a star....will mine not had an oil level sensor on? agu 1.8t?

jesus man, just bend over and look for gods sake!

(No, it doesn't have an oil level sender)

the bolts want 10nm

dont go overkill on the gasket

clean your oil pump pick up whilst youre in there tbh

do one prawn...anyway i looked and it has got one so i think il go down the road of getting a new sump...cheers for the advice lads

Use Loctite 5900, its available in 50ml or 310ml. This productis the absolute nuts and is used by many major car makers in production.

do one prawn...anyway i looked and it has got one so i think il go down the road of getting a new sump...cheers for the advice lads

Listen Mr. 48 Posts ''I don't declare my mods on my insurance because I can't afford to run the car I've bought''

I suggest you wind your fu<king neck in before you're made to look any more stupid than you've already proven yourself to be in your previous threads.

AGU engines DO NOT have an oil level sensor.

From reading your previous posts you have a 5 speed TQS, this DOES NOT have an AGU engine, it has an AJQ or an AUQ. if you'd actually opened the bonnet and had a look you'd realise this.

The AJQ might well have an oil level sensor, the AUQ definately does. I don't know much about the TQ because I see it as an utterly pointless car (all the weight of the S3 with the tiny pathetic ko3 turbo - So boring! At least the later cars with the AUQ had a ko3S- still not enough to pull the immense weight)

So, kindly refrain from telling me to 'do one'
I answered your question accurately, it's not my fault your knowledge of your own car is too lacking to even provide the basic facts.

prawn considering the fact ive already explained the fact that the previous owner had changed the engine in the car to an AGU engine and doesnt have the original AJQ you obviously havent read them very well!

after looking under the car which someone explained a plastic cap, is there!

and dont be childish bringing up things about i said about insurance as i couldnt care a less to be honest neither can the other 10 million people who dont declare the slightest things on their car!

as for the comment on the posts lets grow up abit mate eh...mr 48 posts is that all youve got to get at me? does that make me lower in the rans of audi boffins because ive got less posts u fool

Now now girly's,
Pull your selfs a saucer of milk. No need to get catty

As for the sump gasket question, I found a part number & ive got a price for the sump gasket :):)
I will be using one when i drop my sump a'lumper

An AGU engine does not have an oil level sensor. This is a fact.
Your agu may have one fitted, no doubt into an AJQ sump, as the car will have the wiring and without the sender fitted it'll throw a warning light.
I wasn't about to read through all your posts, I had a very brief skim through, and two things stood out: you have a 99 V Reg TQ, and you can't be bothered to insure your car legally.

It just strikes me as odd that you come on here asking for information because you're too lazy to use the search, you fail to explain your situation properly, then try and turn it around and have a go at someone who was trying to help you!

There is a noticeable correlation between dropping audi prices in the past 12 months and the rising amount of ******** being posted on this forum.................

prawn lets just forgt about it mate eh? no hard feelings i cant be bothered to have a little rick with someone over an internet site...to be honest i come on here to get questions answered off people on here who know abit more than myself as im no mechanic...(although ive prved i probably know just as much as my local garages do lol) but if you dont like what i say in my threads mate just dont read them...if you do then il be happy to take or give you advice ok?

Yea go on then! I'm in a good mood tonight having mananged to blag about £220's worth of free bits for my mini!

Best of luck with your sump.

Make sure you clean out or replace the oil pick up pipe whilst it's off