Summer Photo of 2014

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
What’s your highlight of this summer?

Did you capture it on camera?

We all take photos these days, and it don’t matter if its on a top of the range camera, or just using the camera on your phone, please share it with ASN.

Please post your summer of 2014 in THIS thread, and a little info about it…
Any topic as long as it’s within the ASN rules.

Ghost. Why did you change your avatar?

Iv always liked Banksy’s artwork, and wanted to go and view one, so after hearing this remarkable story on the news about his work, I went to Bristol to see it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/banksy-mobile-lovers-sold-owner-of-youth-club-where-artwork-appeared-in-bristol-received-death-threats-9695327.html

the photo I took...
Banksy

Went on Holiday this year to Jandia in Fuerteventura, My oldest daughter is well into sailing so had a day out with her on Fischer @ Paykel a Maxi yacht that came second in the Whitbread round the world race in 1990. Great day out, pity I am not a bit better with a camera as some of the shots would have been really good.
I got to "drive" for about 15 minutes and I can see why the wheels are so big when the boat is turning it's real hard work.
You can get hooked up in a bosuns chair and take a trip skimming the waves. The rope the suspends you is run from the top of the mast and they have another to haul you back in.
Most of the time the deck was at 45 degrees and you were hanging on, can't imagine what it would be like in racing conditions in the middle of the Atlantic.
This is my daughter just being let out, the guy at the wheel is a Spanish aristocrat who owns the boat.

And this is how far you end up away from the boat, as it's heeled over at 45 degrees and the mast is so tall you are a good distance away. Some people got dumped in the water , others were like skimming along it.

Anybody going to Fuerteventura I would recommend it for a trip out.

http://www.maxisailing.es/

Karl.

Reactions: Ghost