suggestions to make s3 louder

chunk090883

Reaction score
i was wanting to make my s3 a bit louder without buying a whole new exhaust system, so today I had a vwr r600 air intake fitted and had the exhaust flaps deactivated, but I cant really notice any difference, air filters Ive had on previous cars made quite a bit more noise so thougth id try that 1st, are there any other cheap options that can be done?

Remove plugs from rear exhaust.
It's called the flapper mod.

Adding a downpipe adds more sound and improves the response but requires spending £300ish on it.
It's practically invisible though.

that's not too bad but would I need to remap it aswell?
You would and before you reply to that..... Everyone with this car should get a stage 1 map, it transforms the car from quick to omg this is silly fast!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
You would and before you reply to that..... Everyone with this car should get a stage 1 map, it transforms the car from quick to omg this is silly fast!
have to agree with that!! but stage 2 for me next week!

The downpipe makes the car sound amazing, it's the same sound as stock just more of it.
How it should of been from the factory.
Catted that is..... Not sure what decat sounds like.

i was wanting to make my s3 a bit louder without buying a whole new exhaust system, so today I had a vwr r600 air intake fitted and had the exhaust flaps deactivated, but I cant really notice any difference, air filters Ive had on previous cars made quite a bit more noise so thougth id try that 1st, are there any other cheap options that can be done?
This is what I've dine:

Vwr600
Flapper mod
Centre box removed for straight pipe
Dtuk box (no extra sound but more power quicker)

And the car sounds amazing

I've just fitted a pipercross induction kit on my S3 and I can't stop driving it!

This is what I've dine:

Vwr600
Flapper mod
Centre box removed for straight pipe
Dtuk box (no extra sound but more power quicker)

And the car sounds amazing
Can you post a video of how it sounds. I'm thinking of doing the straight pipe. Iv unplugged the flap parts and that did make a difference

There's a post on here somewhere showing you what the clips look like. One under each exhaust. You need to lie down get under the car a bit reach up and un plug them. It's a bit tricky. I think I used tape to hold them up out the way.

What's the flapper mod you done the. If it wasn't this? I thought that's what it was

Reactions: Chris5
Wind the window down.

Sorry couldn't resist !!

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Simon L, batch and 1 other person
Might be going stage 2 in the next couple of weeks after its service but I'll be looking at a sport cat Scorpion (Revo) downpipe and more than likely the Awe tuning S-Flo intake.

Reactions: Simon L and Fiddie
finally got around to getting my resonator replaced with straight pipe, and very happy with the noise,
glad I paid the £90 instead spending loads on cat back system

Reactions: Fiddie