Subwoofer

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to install a subwoofer to the audi a3 8v sound system? Ive herd the pin conector for the subwoofer will need activating via Vcds/vagcom but unsure to how to get power to it as ive been told there is a 2 pin connector in the spare wheel well but i cant find one.

Thanks

Don't have the post references to hand but there is a fair bit of information on this to be found via the forum search. A couple of members have completed this install.

Yes I have seen that a few people have posted bits and bobs about it. I have read some of the posts about the subwoofer but still dont fully understand how to install it. Thanks for your input.

From my understanding some people have tapped the existing wiring and installed a crossover or an amp with one integrated, others have activated the Audi Sound System (***) via VCDS in order to make the pins on the rear of the MMI unit live and connected this way in order to gain further control via the MMI.

Yes I have seen both and I would of thought changing the VCDS would be the easiest way. Do you have to use the Audi subwoofer or could I use my Alpine SWE-815v

No idea to be honest. My understanding is that the Audi Sound System sub can be connected straight to the MMI, the B&O needs an amp. I guess it depends on what type of sub the Alpine is.