Subwoofer control after MMI retrofit

Jordynegen11

Reaction score
Hello!

So I have upgraded my MMI low to a MMI high in my Audi A3 8V. I have the audi sound system with subwoofer (not tbe B&O one)

But I have a problem... I can control the subwoofer settings but it does not do anything. I can hear the subwoofer bit changing the strength of the base does not work.

I coded the soundsystem

F5
Byte 11: 01
Byte 04/05 FF0A

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hello!

So I have upgraded my MMI low to a MMI high in my Audi A3 8V. I have the audi sound system with subwoofer (not tbe B&O one)

But I have a problem... I can control the subwoofer settings but it does not do anything. I can hear the subwoofer bit changing the strength of the base does not work.

I coded the soundsystem

F5
Byte 11: 01
Byte 04/05 FF0A

Any suggestions?
Activation of the subwoofer and front centre is not via coding alone unfortunately. I am based in North London if you would like to visit or I can bench your unit if you wish to post it. Please contact for pricing.

Activation of the subwoofer and front centre is not via coding alone unfortunately. I am based in North London if you would like to visit or I can bench your unit if you wish to post it. Please contact for pricing.

The subwoofers were already installed and worked with my old MMI. I only changed the MMI unit with a MMI+ unit

So it should be only some coding right?

The subwoofers were already installed and worked with my old MMI. I only changed the MMI unit with a MMI+ unit

So it should be only some coding right?
No, coding is only one part of the activation process.

No, coding is only one part of the activation process.
Ah too bad I'm from the Netherlands. So London is not gonna be an option. :(

Mabe you can put me in the right direction? Some (paid) advice mabe?

Last edited:
Found out the subwoofer is working but not as good as with the old (basic) MMI.

Subwoofer control seems to do someting but the quality is not so good. Can't really explain you need to hear. All others speakers are working fine.

Hi, i have the same problem. I see the subwoofer knob but it doesn't do anything. I try already everything in coding but without success. Did you find a solution?