Saloon Subtle superficial modifications/changes to interior or exterior

ZN7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have a white RS3 Saloon with the anthracite wheels and black styling pack. I'm want to tap into your guys considerably superior knowledge and experience to get some inspiration/ideas on small little tweaks or changes that can be made to the RS3's interior or exterior.

I've already bought some nice red RS3 branded valve caps and am seriously considering getting some ridiculously sexy mats from:
https://www.diamondcarmats.com/

Also seen these cup holder light thingys but am a tad unsure: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-LED...utomobile-Atmosphere-Lights-USB-/123290990122

Any and all ideas are welcome

Cheers

Hi guys,

So I have a white RS3 Saloon with the anthracite wheels and black styling pack. I'm want to tap into your guys considerably superior knowledge and experience to get some inspiration/ideas on small little tweaks or changes that can be made to the RS3's interior or exterior.

I've already bought some nice red RS3 branded valve caps and am seriously considering getting some ridiculously sexy mats from:
https://www.diamondcarmats.com/

Also seen these cup holder light thingys but am a tad unsure: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-LED...utomobile-Atmosphere-Lights-USB-/123290990122

Any and all ideas are welcome

Cheers

I'd be very sceptical of those mats as I have seen the very same ones advertised on Alibaba for a quarter of the price. I'm really not a fan of them personally and I think they'll really cheapen the look of the interior. I can also see them getting very dirty very quickly, but to each their own!

Those cup holder lights do look pretty cool though as long as they aren't too bright/distracting at night.

These might also interest you -

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-footrest-available.382164/
https://automotivepassion.net/product/audi-rs3-sedan-carbon-fibre-spoiler/

@Callump01, ahh the Diamond Car Mats do seem to be a bit like Marmite. Some of the reviews online are waxing lyrical about them whereas others say they're ugly and the leather isn't really practical in the lovely English weather. Might just hold off on these at the moment. Struggling to find any RS3 OEM mats which is a shame

That carbon spoiler does look a treat. I was contemplating whether to get the spoiler, mirrors and front grille wrapped in carbon or whether that would look a bit tacky :s

And count me in for the foot rest!

Those mats are nothing short of HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!! The word naff comes to mind. Spend your money on the spoiler :thumbs up:

Reactions: Callump01
@Callump01, ahh the Diamond Car Mats do seem to be a bit like Marmite. Some of the reviews online are waxing lyrical about them whereas others say they're ugly and the leather isn't really practical in the lovely English weather. Might just hold off on these at the moment. Struggling to find any RS3 OEM mats which is a shame

That carbon spoiler does look a treat. I was contemplating whether to get the spoiler, mirrors and front grille wrapped in carbon or whether that would look a bit tacky :s

And count me in for the foot rest!

Definitely get some carbon on the car mate as long as it's not cheap carbon-effect vinyl wrap! I've just sold my spare set of carbon fibre mirror caps to a chap on here in Canada else I'd offer you a good deal on them.

They look pretty decent with a carbon spoiler if you can get the genuine Audi ones

S1F1ylC.jpg

Next on my list is some carbon mudflaps for front and rear...

Those mats are nothing short of HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!! The word naff comes to mind. Spend your money on the spoiler :thumbs up:

Haha I quite like them!
Nice and over the top and would work as I don't have the option seats so mine are just plain black. Just unsure about the fitting

Definitely get some carbon on the car mate as long as it's not cheap carbon-effect vinyl wrap! I've just sold my spare set of carbon fibre mirror caps to a chap on here in Canada else I'd offer you a good deal on them.

They look pretty decent with a carbon spoiler if you can get the genuine Audi ones

Next on my list is some carbon mudflaps for front and rear...

Great shout on the mudflaps. Carbon exterior trim is a great shout

Be careful of dust caps, metal ones seize onto the TPMS valves in a matter of weeks and the valves retail at £100 each.

On eBay there is a seller that has the metal look caps but are infact plastic, brilliant! I think I paid £4 for a set.

Them mats are fugly

Reactions: billymc92
Be careful of dust caps, metal ones seize onto the TPMS valves in a matter of weeks and the valves retail at £100 each.

On eBay there is a seller that has the metal look caps but are infact plastic, brilliant! I think I paid £4 for a set.

Haha I bought some plastic ones from ebay after reading on here about the metal ones. Love the amazing insights on this forum!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Haha I bought some plastic ones from ebay after reading on here about the metal ones. Love the amazing insights on this forum!

It can be relatively useful on time ;) Others it can be a PITA with forum politics ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Don’t do it or I hope you’ve decided against but each to their own if you want them :s

Aren’t your cup holders already illuminated?

I opted against. The cup holders are illuminated around the edge but these were slightly different

Never been very keen on the blingy silver dash air vents, which always seem to be in my peripheral vision when driving, with the outer ones reflecting in the door mirrors.
So I purchased a set of used vents from an A3 (Q2 also fit) off ebay . Part No.81A820901A
I replaced the silver rings on the A3 vents with the gloss black rings from the originals using a mobile phone pry tool and re installed them all. I now have all black vents apart from the small silver ring in the centre of each one.
Overall I think it has transformed the dash and I am well pleased with the result, should have been an option.Audi A3 air vent Air vent Air vent 1

Reactions: ZN7 and zippster