Sub wire help

Ste-Martin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Love if some one could help me. Trying to install active sub in my A5. Wired it all up the other day and sounded awful so pulled it out. Think the high low converter was set wrong or the gain. I'm going to try putting it into the high input on the amp. Problem it has R+ R- L+ L-

Would I bridge the + and - into the + and - speaker wire?

If I used the converter is it themsame layout?

Hope this make sense. The sub built in sounded better that the sub I put in. When it was in my a3 it rocked the car.

Thanks

Hi

Where abouts are ypu tapping it into in the car? You shouldnt need to bridge it. All speaker ton RCA adaptors I sell and install we us all channels of the converter Left + and - / Right + and -.

Does the car have BOSE?

Are you tapping into the amplified rear speakers/sub? This could sound poor if you are as you are amplifying and already amplified signal.

Thanks
Chris (shop manager)

www.uniquecarsound.com

Thanks for the response, it is has B&O and yeah straight out of the existing sub wire so it would already be amplified. So do you use L+ & - together on the + and R + & - on the -?

Cheers

Amplifying an amplified sound is never great to be honest. All the speaker to RCA adaptors that I have seen over the last 12 years are designed to wire Left + and -.Right + and -. The adaptor you have should have a instruction diagram with it also.

If you are trying to attach it to a single pair of wires (mono sub0 then you will have to relate to the produch manual as all the interfaces can be wired different. The last one I did like that both Left and right positive went to one and both kleft and right negative to the other. BUT please consult manual as I do not know what product you are using and do not want you to damage anything.

Put the sub in tonight. Sounds crap until you open the boot and then it hits hard. Guessing it's due to air flow and everything. I have took it back out as it sounds terrible with the boot closed. Bit gutted really as it sounded good in the A3. Maybe under speak sub or replace the one in the deck