Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
I would just like to 'vent my spleen' over what I class as the worst case of driving I have ever seen in my life. To the guy that was in the Suzuka Grey S3 yesterday on the Edinburgh by-pass carving everyone up coz he had an S3.........your a t055er. Now you are very lucky you werent stopped and arrested by the occupants of the car that was behind me as I was being tagged by 2 of my colleagues who by chance happen to be traffic police. They were going to do PNC checks so if you've anything to hide.......expect a knock on your door shortly.

I've had a look and he is a member here on ASN...........so if your reading this............you've just used one of your lifes up. My colleagues couldnt believe what they were seeing. Just because you have a fast car (which S3's are) you dont have to drive like a buffoon and put every one else at risk............idiots like you should grow up and stop giving Audi drivers a bad name. I actually felt embarassed to be driving the same type of car as you.......so be very aware...........drive like a d**k and you'll get caught (I hope you do)

Rant over.

The reason Im up this early on a Sunday is coz Im watching the Grand Prix.

Whilst I'm obviously concerned that a member from this forum is driving on the public roads like a w****r, this thread must not become a pitchfork waving trial by forum affair. If it does we'll have to lock it.

If nothing else it's a timely reminder to everyone to enjoy your high performance car responsibly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lund and pinterovski
Time & a place to drive with "progress" busy roads aren't really them. I used to drive like a... but I prefer to drive slower so it gives every other road user a chance to see who is behind the wheel of such a great car :racer:

Exactly......time and a place......not on a bypass thats chokka with traffic and weaving in and out of lanes illegally and dangerous driving. Just annoys me so nothing intended to instigate a slagging off.

Just wanted to vent thats all.

We (Audi drivers) should know better!

Hopefully, the ASN member you refer to will read this thread and this will make him think twice.

And realise how lucky he was not to get pulled.

I suppose there is a chance the ASN member wasn't driving it that day.

Maybe it was being delivered back by Audi after a service!

Remember that mk1 TT on the police program that got pulled being driven like an idiot? It Was Audi delivering the car back to the customers house!

Nope he pulled off the Straiton junction going towards IKEA and still was weaving in and out of traffic and thats a 30 mph limit. I hope he reads this thread and wisens up for everyones sake.

Oh yeah what a clot!!

A mate once saw a 106GTi just like mine being driven like it'd been stolen but it was filthy so didn't think anymore as he knew I kept mine pristine...

I went to pick mine up after a service and realised it was filthy...

uh oh the youth who had been repairing it after a cambelt failure had been using it over the weekend and ragged it stupid putting over 130 miles on the clock.

I went ballistic as you can imagine.

My mate made a statement to the dealership saying he'd seen it flying. The lad just got a ticking off. I would have slung him down the road with his P45!!!

i dont get why people do that, i do a 100 mile trip trip nearly everyday and see this alot, i drive at 65 and i get 68.8MPG :p i tried going faster and it only saves 2 mins so its pointless, just leave a little earlier.

it only saves 2 mins so its pointless, just leave a little earlier.

its more to do with the thrill of the ride i think than needing to be somewhere!

Unfortunately its selfish and dangerous.

There's a time and a place to blast about, not on busy 30mph roads.

Drive like an *** and you'll get caught sooner or later,obviously on the radar now so I guess if/when they get pulled it'll not be just a caution.

you got to give them some slack im always in a foul mood when i have to go to ikea !!

People like this **** me off. At times, when the road is quiet and nobody else could be put out by my driving, I drive my S3 like it was intended to be driven, IE quickly. I think we all do to be fair, otherwise we wouldn't feel the need to buy a powerful car. But weaving in an out of traffic on a busy road is foolish and pointless.

I was driving to the Trafford Centre on Friday with the GF, the road was busy and we were coming to a point were 2 lanes merge into 1 as the Rossendale bypass meets the M66. This guy was in an Insignia that had been driving a foot from my bumper all the way down the bypass (I was doing 80-85 so not hanging around) and when I moved over to merge into 1 lane he decided his 2.0 CDTI Insignia had enough power to overtake me and 4 cars in front of me and nip in front. He just squeezed through by a few yards, spraying everyone behind him with debris from the side of the road. I then carried on doing my normal motorway cruising speed and ended up catching him up, so that was worth it wasn't it mate? Pillock.

.......... This guy was in an Insignia that had been driving a foot from my bumper all the way down the bypass (I was doing 80-85 so not hanging around) and when I moved over to merge into 1 lane he decided his 2.0 CDTI Insignia........

Ha Ha, was talking about this last week, seems like the people that used to drive 6 inches from my bumper in MK4 Golf Diesel Golfs now drive Insignia`s.
Idiots of the very dangerous kind.

See them kind of people everyday, tailgating, erratic driving, swerving onto opposite side of the rd, attempting
to overtake on bends & solid lines! Total & utter idiots! Mate get yourself a car cam asap.

Earlier whilst in my dads s3 had a 2.0 TDI 140 A3 overtake for no reason as it then didn't overtake anything else. Why did he feel he had to overtake just because is was an S3?!?! Pretty pathetic really.

I only drive spiritedly when the roads are clear i.e. late night when any mistake I may make wont ruin anyone else's life!

The worst of it is these idiots cause others to do stupid things too..
In my mirror i see a bloke overtaking on the inside of a duel carriage way and pulling out in front of the guy again in the outside lane. He's not going overly fast just not slowing down for anyone. We come up to a round about, 3 lanes in, a left turn, straight ahead and right turn lane. I take the middle straight on lane, the two guys behind are now fighting for the road so one goes on my inside, the other on my outside as we go into the round about. Both are going straight on, both cut across the front of me and i have to stop sharp half way round a roundabout....and off they go..
I put my foot down to overtake them both to make a point and one is a elderly guy in a beat up fiesta van the other, an old couple in a nissan "bland" of some sort...both still fighting it out at 45-50mph...
Its only the fact that i'm a biker that i was watching these guys behind long before they both cut me up that my nice new car is still a nice new car.
There are times when my car has a Klingon cloaking device i'm sure :)

I constantly get people trying to force themselves in front of me when I use the bus lane during the times when the restrictions on it do not apply.
There is a bus lane before traffic lights, which only applies at certain times on weekdays. As soon as it ends there is only one lane to go straight and one to turn right. Majority of traffic want to go straight but seems like they do not realise when the bus lane rules apply!
As soon as I pull up next to them on the bus lane, they try to barge/force their vehicles in front of mine!

If only they could read the road signs...

On drugs maybe, as is increasingly the case.

It'll soon be a thing of the past. Insurance companies are introducing spy in the car technology to see how you drive and charge you accordingly. It's voluntary for most but I bet they will insist on it in S3s, Type Rs etc. So being naughty in you're fast car is an endangered pastime

Cant see that coming into effect............big brother watching you is very similar to News Of The World phone tapping.

Spying is illegal, and that is what I would class as spying even if the camera was only looking at the speedo.

Every now and then a driving god appears on a forum or the news.

Luckily for all concerned this moron didn't damage anyone,including himself.

Sooner or later though,Darwin will catch up with him but hopefully no one else will be around.

I used to drive too fast... now I've got my A3 though, I'm less fussed.

Driving fast = getting places fast = getting to my house fast...
And my house isn't as nice as my car

Reactions: MTRL
I had a range rover doing this the other day in front of me, nearly crashed into two cars doing dangerous overtakes, don't know why people are that desperate to get two cars ahead and then pull up and they are 20 ft ahead of you!! i would rather be two cars behind and survive the journey!! idiots

Chris

That form of insurance is already on the market I know couple of lads aged 18 on an insurance policy which is really cheap but the company come to fit a tracker, which feeds them info about travelling speeds and also mileage.. And they are charged for speeding and also charges per mile if you pass your annual mileage

Ridiculous overtaking is pointless! Im 20 but i know its the youths mainly who do this, by hiring cars etc.. Yes I have overtaken a car where the driver is doing 30 on a 40-50 road (on a straight) or constantly braking, cuz I had an accident because of that and obviously cuz I hit the back it was my fault (luckily only hit at like 5mph). there's no need to be quite frankly a **** on the road

crikey there lots of saints on here better use one of those rings for a hailo of the front of my car

crikey there lots of saints on here better use one of those rings for a hailo of the front of my car

Driving in an inappropriate / aggressive / inconsiderate manner in heavy traffic / built up areas is no longer deemed to be responsible / socially acceptable by people with any sense of moral values or emotional intelligence.

I don't think any of us would think twice about doing a high speed test run on a de-restricted autobahn, doing a track day, quarter mile run at the Pod or a spirited drive along a b-road in North Wales where visibility dictated it was safe to do so. Occasionally any of us might succumb to a moment of weakness, but I'd hope when that happens it's only under conditions where we only put ourselves at risk.

Problem with the individual in question is ultimately on the day they get it wrong everyone else pays either financially or worse still, emotionally. And for what?

Driving in an inappropriate / aggressive / inconsiderate manner in heavy traffic / built up areas is no longer deemed to be responsible / socially acceptable by people with any sense of moral values or emotional intelligence.

I don't think any of us would think twice about doing a high speed test run on a de-restricted autobahn, doing a track day, quarter mile run at the Pod or a spirited drive along a b-road in North Wales where visibility dictated it was safe to do so. Occasionally any of us might succumb to a moment of weakness, but I'd hope when that happens it's only under conditions where we only put ourselves at risk.

Problem with the individual in question is ultimately on the day they get it wrong everyone else pays either financially or worse still, emotionally. And for what?
arise saint warren can you see your house from up there !

If you spend enough time hosing these folks and their victims off the roads,you begin to see the other side of the argument.

Personally I have always liked powerful cars,but used sensibly and in the right place.

i think your missing the point we can go round in circles and talk about who cut me up and that chap in the s3 forced me to overtake

but can you all look in the mirror and say you have never driven badly recklessley or over your capabilty i cant

thats why these threads are pointless and you should of closed it down as you said warren thats my pennysworth and i wish you all happy motoring

as above
and id like to know why the police that saw him didnt pull him over ?
we only have the word of the OP who saw it happen
may not have been as bad as posted
i cant see how it would give audi drivers a bad name it happens every day in every kinda car
and if he is a member on here you should name and shame him her so they can have they say as to what did or didnt happen
and i cant see the plod knocking on his door soon even with a pnc check
cant prove if he did or didnt drive that way as im guessing its not on video or he would have defo been stopped

Everyone makes mistakes - the point is that we've mostly grown up enough to drive to the conditions rather than just pick a target speed and try to hit it. It gives Audi drivers a bad name, and it gives me a higher insurance premium because some ****** put me into a "high risk" group by their actions.

Yes, I drive spiritedly sometimes - but I do it in a situation where I'm not likely to smash up my £30k motor, my head or, more importantly, the head of some poor ******* who just happened to be going the other way at the wrong time.

If someone wants to kill themselves by doing some stupid **** in their car, they're more than welcome to - but can they please do it somewhere that it's not going to affect innocent bystanders? Anyone who thinks they have a right to put others at danger should have their car confiscated... and personally I'd be up for lining them up and shooting them.

If you think I'm being a saint, offer to go along with the local police to inform some elderly mother that her son's just flipped his car into a tree and won't be coming home, or how about you offer to tell some teenagers that the same bloke took their dad out on his commute home... see if you think that we're still all a bunch of halo-hunters then, eh?

As has been mentioned, there's a time and a place.

as above
and id like to know why the police that saw him didnt pull him over ?
we only have the word of the OP who saw it happen

The 2 police guys were off duty and we were returning back from a day of karting.....1 being my cousin who has been in the force for quite some time. And the events were as bad as posted.......the boy was an utter **** taking on the majority of cars in front of him by undertaking, tail gating and general 'drive like you nicked it' stuff. Bang out of order.

Mods you can lock this thread. Kinda got a feeling that it may spiral out of control very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.