Stupid question? :-)

DaveMK^

Reaction score
Chaps,

This might be a completely stupid question and I am a bit tired so maybe im not thinking it through proberly but here goes:

Lets say i get my car mapped it has the majority of its power from 3-6k...

now if I rev the car to 6k then shift the revs usually only drop 2k per shift dont they? So ill be at 4k

So what happens so the more powerful 3-4k of revs?

Hope that makes sense :wtf:Id rather ask a stupid question and learn then not ask and be stupid :)

I'll give it a go tomorrow

DaveMK^ said:
Chaps,

This might be a completely stupid question and I am a bit tired so maybe im not thinking it through proberly but here goes:

Lets say i get my car mapped it has the majority of its power from 3-6k...

now if I rev the car to 6k then shift the revs usually only drop 2k per shift dont they? So ill be at 4k

So what happens so the more powerful 3-4k of revs?

Hope that makes sense :wtf:Id rather ask a stupid question and learn then not ask and be stupid :)

Not a silly question at all Dave, when the S3 is remapped, peak torque usually happens around the 3k mark, and like you said, shifting up at max revs drops around 2k revs but it's still quicker than standard I assure you. The most noticeable gain with a remap is in gear times, where with normal driving, you will be between 2-4k revs and not driving on the redline like a Honda V-Tec. Overtaking becomes easier without the use of a lower gear, and you will learn to adapt and drive with the new torque available, of course, dropping a gear would be even quicker still.... :racer:

at 6k changed gear and went to just under 5k but not as much pull as it is at 3-4k as Jo said..feels like it can go and go when remapped if you were near me I'd give you a passenger ride Dave

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately im quite a way from you, Who have you had a remap off?