Stupid Question

SportBack Kent

Reaction score
Ok, so here's stupid question. Now the nights are dark, I'm using headlights most of the time. Now and again, I've driven off without them on because the dials are lit up, and the headlight switch is on DRL - that's bad.

Is there/should there be and indicator in the instruments to tell me the lights are on, like in every other car on the planet? There's one for Dip Beam when you use them, but none that I can see for side or main beam, so if there's supposed to be one, mine's not working - it's not even particularly obvious that the lights are on when switched on on the dial.

An Audi oversight perhaps? ...

It's a 2010 Sportback Sport.

Thanks!

Nope, no indication on the cluster.

You can adjust settings via VCDS so the dash and needles aren't lit when DRL is on which will remind you to turn your lights on.

Reactions: SportBack Kent
Alternatively, we supply/fit auto lights system if of interest, that would solve that issue :)

Alternatively, we supply/fit auto lights system if of interest, that would solve that issue :)
That would but doesn't that involve a replacement windscreen and all that malarky? Can't be bothered with that!

Nope, no indication on the cluster.

You can adjust settings via VCDS so the dash and needles aren't lit when DRL is on which will remind you to turn your lights on.
Those crazy Germans eh? ...

Had the same problem with my previous S4, no auto lights and yes no indication if your headlights were on. You'll have to retrain your mind to switch on the lights when it's getting dark, or VCDS reprogrammed.

Had the same problem with my previous S4, no auto lights and yes no indication if your headlights were on. You'll have to retrain your mind to switch on the lights when it's getting dark, or VCDS reprogrammed.
Seems like the cheapest option! LOL

I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong on this one, BUT :

As standard from the factory, Having DRL's on will turn the cluster lights on, and the yellow DRL letters next to the switch. Turning the side lights or headlights on will then illuminate all the switches and radio buttons etc.

I'll check mine when i get out of here, but i'm 99% sure that's the case.

I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong on this one, BUT :

As standard from the factory, Having DRL's on will turn the cluster lights on, and the yellow DRL letters next to the switch. Turning the side lights or headlights on will then illuminate all the switches and radio buttons etc.

I'll check mine when i get out of here, but i'm 99% sure that's the case.

Correct but it still lights the dash which makes people forget.