Stupid Lightbulbs!

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
Just had my right rear light replaced on wednesday and now my left rear brake light just went out! I'm on my 3rd lightbulb in 9 months! Anyways, I've got some stop & flasher lights spare that I bought wrong from my old car and just wondered whether they will be compatible or not. I've searched some threads already, but the bulbs have a load of random letters on the box and it's confusing me.

It's labeled RW335 12V 21W SBC BA15d

Have no idea what that means, just want to know whether or not that will be compatible.

Thanks.

SOme bulbs can look identical, but the connections at the base are different. They are cheap as chips from Audi so I would go and buy them there. If they keep going wrong then you either have a snagged/over tensioned cable, or you may have water ingress causing the water to short the circuit. Have you had any fuses go recently (worth checking them). I take it you are checking to make sure the bulb works after you have fitted it?

I had a bit of bother one time with my rear lights - something to do with single or double earth :( not so sure now but since I put my facelift rear lights in I havent had a problem at all!

SOme bulbs can look identical, but the connections at the base are different. They are cheap as chips from Audi so I would go and buy them there. If they keep going wrong then you either have a snagged/over tensioned cable, or you may have water ingress causing the water to short the circuit. Have you had any fuses go recently (worth checking them). I take it you are checking to make sure the bulb works after you have fitted it?

I seeeeeee, I'll go buy a bulb from Audi just to be on the safe side. The past few times it's always been the rear right light bulbs that have the problems, but I'm surprised the left one has gone. Anyways, something weird did happen a few months ago, one of the right rear lights went out and I was going to change it after, but over night it miraculously healed itself and the bulb started working again???