stumped problem with audi 1.8t a4 tqs

jaymodunn

Reaction score
hello, i posted about an issue with the n75 valve. well took it to a garage who cleared fault and advised it was an electrical fault. Now i have replaced the n75 vavle but the garage advised it looked like the dump vavle. Now i have replaced this, cleared all faults but the car still runs without any turbo power. I then checked the engine faults and non recorded.

The garage advised boost and turbo looked good but i don't know what to change or do now.

When i cleared the faults there was a intake manifold implausible signal.

It is fing annoying as i just want to use the car to its potential..

Did you have it checked for boost leaks?

if he says its boosting fine how has he checked this ??

Do you have a boost gauge fitted ??

And is the N75 wiring 100% ok ??

When you say no faults recorded did you give it a good drive and not just up the road, have you checked the wastegate penny valve hasnt gone walkies ??

i have checked maf and it shows as faulty with disconnect so not this, that is a relief.

It was only a quick 2 mile drive. i will drive a bit more then.

It is just frustrating as i just want to drive it properly. is it worth replacing all the pipes, i might order a boost check thing off the net.

BTW. you don't have a blow off valve fitted? right?

It should still boost with a BOV it would just run rich after gear changes or when coming off and on throttle, you need to plumb a gauge in to read what its doing if its showing 4 psi its most likely in limp mode, if your seeing 0psi then the penny valves probably dropped or the wastegate rod has no stop nuts fitted or is faulty/leaking.

Give it a good run make sure those codes have definately cleared but in the meantime get a boost gauge ordered and fitted.

i have a guage just cut out the vent bit but the tubing isnt long enough so going to buy some pvc tomorrow and give it a shot.

Reset the throttle body. Turn ignition lights on but don't start it. After about 30 seconds you should hear throttle body whir. Once it stops, fire it up and drive.

boost gauge installed. the vac inhg is at 20 but on accelerating drops to 0 with minimal boost

see video , about 20 inhg but pretty much no positive boost if you can make out, but not sure how accurate it is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1TaNMrSZqE&feature=youtu.be

these are the latest faults and i cleared them. will check again tomorrow.

Readiness: N/A
Wednesday,23,April,2014,19:27:28:32264
VCDS Version: Release 11.11.3
Data version: 20120401

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 01: Engine Labels: 058-907-557-AJL.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 558 DA
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D01
Software Coding: 04201
Work Shop Code: WSC 06325
VCID: 73EFC11541AE091
1 Fault Found:

00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure
11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent

Readiness: N/A

Sounds like the penny valves dropped if theres no boost what so ever should see 4psi in limp mode !!

yep, sounds like a broken wastegate.

Also means your garage are a bunch of morons telling you its "boosting fine" when evidently its not!

Reactions: crazy88 and Bradderz_1988
well i have done 20 miles no faults. the gauge is t junctioned from n75 vavle to manifold new silicon hose. still no boost.

the garage was **** as he said it had gone on the ramp a few times but the plastic under-tray handntmoved so i knew it was a lie, but i have learnt a lot and upgraded new parts so not all bad.

so how do i check waste-gate.

oh throttle bodt reset did nothing but i did the non dbw vag com way at block 98

The Boost guage should be T'd into the FPR line ideally.

There is no connection from the N75 to the manifold?

N75 connects to the turbo, airbox and actuator.

sorry i ment divertor valve. is it worthwhile checking wastegate or just getting a new turbo

Are you confusing yourself with the DV it should be 'T' in at the bulk head left of the coolant tank if you look in the picture below you willsee the 'T' piece at the manifold to FPR pipe if you look at the front of the manifold you can see the DV pipe.

yeh, it would fit.

But the turbine already looks oily, and these fake ones only last a few thousand miles, so i'd suggest you avoid.

Find a used genuine one instead!

Or i guess you could buy it and fit that turbine housing to your core.

any turbo from a A4/A6 or Passat 1.8T will fit.

The one in your link looks fine.

You need a pair of gaskets for the turbo (manifold and downpipe) and a pair of gaskets for the oil drain pipe.

You might get away with reusing them, but its probably best to just replace them!

cheers do you know best place to buy gasket/install kit as can't many online besides about 50 quid from america.

No anyone in a garage or main dealer get them to order it on cash sale ?? Sure you can just pay over there counter though ??

If you have no joy get me part numbers of what you need i will see what i can get them for and post them to you if your happy with the price ??

You can buy from tps at counter no problem. Trade for delieveries only i think.

cheers i found a place online for the full kit about 30 quid so will go with that but thanks for the offer, i should do it over next weekend mostly on my own so hopefully all should go to plan.