Student Protests

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
Anyone getting sick of these unwashed, long dirty haired tramps causing massive damage to our capital - for what...?! Because they have to pay for their own further education!

At a time when my job and many others linked into public spending is in jeopardy, these tramps want me to pay for their tin-pot degree, whilst they sit on their dirty old sofa watching Jeremy Kyle whilst eating out of date value beans..... **** right off and get a job you losers.:banghead: :angrymod:

The police should smash these ditty little sh*ts into next week when they get above themselves.

Should this have gone into the rant section... :busted_cop:....

Firstly, I'm a student haha. I've literally just said to someone this minute, that they're all idiots, the students that are protesting are already enrolled in uni and any rises in fees won't affect them, which means what they are doing is just out of shear hooliganism. They don't half give themselves a bad name. The only people who have any right to protest are potential students leaving college.
You mention that they should get a job and not expect you to pay for them, they actually pay it all, hence the uproar, as lots of graduates find themselves forking out a he'll of a lot, which I see as well worth it to get where you wana be.
The main issue with the tripled fees is that the only people graduating are going to be very wealthy families, likely complete ponses, and frankly we have enough of them running this country. These fees do not give the majority of the population a fair chance and decent people will under achieve, leaving potential great minds and people out. It could end up ruining this country even more.
Despite these hipocritical wasters doing this, there are decent students out there. These are the people the government should be lookin out for

Karl, if you understood the proposals then you'd think differently.

The information is out there for you to read and digest, I just wish more people would do just that.

I simply get annoyed by students causing havoc, they give them a bad name and I for one know plenty of decent people who don't waste there time or live up to the stereotype, a stereotype that I'd rather not be associated with.

That's fine, I was talking about your second paragraph.

definately fed up with the reports on the news about this... Mainly because I wonder how many of these student believe it what they are protesting.. and how many are doing it for the sake of protest. Like they havent got anything better to do.

So it isnt enough they get massive amounts in the way of grants and emburserys for the less wealthy, that they quibble when prices have to go up inline with everything else to try get this country out of its pit. Its ********, most of them dont end up with a career revelent to their studys and just go to uni likes its the natrual course, then booze away their student loan... which they dont have to pay until they are earning decent money.

Maybe the rise will make people think twice about what they want to do with their life rather than just going uni because their friends are. Lazy motherf**CKERS

I'm a student, and TBH don't feel like stoning, beating or setting fire to anything. It's going to cost what it costs. I am lucky as i am already in education I am un affected, but if i had to borrow the new fees, then so be it....

I've been caught up twice now in the damn Westminster protests has to ****** abandon the car!

I think people should realise the actual people kicking off are not students and just people looking for a chance to riot. I feel for the students as people asume being a student is a doss and an easy way of life. Quite frankly its hard work and being denied of a privillage previously availible to others is prety harsh.

They should be targeting benefit frauds and work shy folk rather than discouraging the future leaders/entrapeneurs/builders/Doctors/Nurses etc of this country.

I'm a student and actually agree with the raise!
people will probably flame me like other students do at uni but i think its a great idea!

Firstly as you say, most students go to uni to booze their life away, rack up massive debt then drop out, get a crap job and never repay it...
Secondly putting the fees up mean less students - only the worthwhile ones paying for it (poorer people get scholarships if they are bright enough so dont miss out!)
Thirdly less students = less degrees, current degree worth more, therefore meaning more money for those graduating who can then afford to pay it off!

Simples :)

I'm a signals engineer and due to the cuts may find myself looking for other work - but that's life, if I have to find something new I'll probably do a full sparks course as that's not far off what I already do - but I'll have to pay for it, so should I throw sh*t at someone in a uniform trying to pay their bills!!!

I feel like going up to the next one with a few lads and knocking some heads together - you know the type, scarf over face, middle class - dad probably a copper - muppet who thinks he's mustard because he smashes a window on the national gallery! They've also damaged a statue of Churchill - WTF does that have to do with it?!

Like i always said, libe dems/conservatives always look after the rich!!

Drives me nuts. Why the protests? do they believe it is a god given right to free or heavily subsidised adult education? This country has been a soft touch for too long and things are going to get much harder. If you dont like it, then go find a country offering a better deal (good luck) or get a job to pay for your further education. Whilst you continue to waste my hard earned tax policing your silly little protests, the cost of further education should go up £1000 per year for every protest arranged.

At the end of the day the government will have looked at this and found that the extra contributed to GDP by those who have had further education does not justify the cost of educating them. Maybe people could have done more

aaaaaaaand thats a rant!

Last edited:
Drives me nuts. Why the protests? do they believe it is a god given right to free or heavily subsidised adult education? This country has been a soft touch for too long and things are going to get much harder. If you dont like it, then go find a country offering a better deal (good luck) or get a job to pay for your further education. Whilst you continue to waste my hard earned tax policing your silly little protests, the cost goes of further education should go up £1000 per year for every protest arranged.

At the end of the day the government will have looked at this and found that the extra contributed to GDP by those who have had further education does not justify the cost of educating them. Maybe people could have done more

aaaaaaaand thats a rant!

Couldn't of put it better myself

Anyone getting sick of these unwashed, long dirty haired tramps causing massive damage to our capital - for what...?! Because they have to pay for their own further education!

At a time when my job and many others linked into public spending is in jeopardy, these tramps want me to pay for their tin-pot degree, whilst they sit on their dirty old sofa watching Jeremy Kyle whilst eating out of date value beans..... **** right off and get a job you losers.:banghead: :angrymod:

The police should smash these ditty little sh*ts into next week when they get above themselves.

Should this have gone into the rant section... :busted_cop:....

I couldn't agree more.

People act like they deserve things on a plate still when all around everybody else is suffering in life. Well students and "students" need to wake and smell the coffee.

Students these days don't know what being a student is all about, I couldn't afford a mobile phone, laptop and a car when I studied, most students these days have it all, and worse think they deserve it all!

Either way, it's done and dusted now, the fees are going up, they can like it or lump it.

Like i always said, libe dems/conservatives always look after the rich!!

Labour only ever looked after the scab - creating millions of public sector jobs - with the idea being that they wouldn't vote out the boss!

How any labour mp can pick holes at the moment astounds me, they got us into this mess - they should look at the floor in shame.

Whether it’s agreed or not with the educational costs, quite frankly would anyone agree these people are worthwhile of running our country in the future? Because I wouldn’t want them looking after me in the future.

“We disagree with something so let’s go and cause some major anarchy to prove our point with threatening behaviour” That is hardly a well thought out approach in my mind…but oh yeah – they’re not educated….yet.

The problem lies greater within the origins of society. In this world – sorry country of dossing, laying about and living off others whilst putting blame in for a claim is it any wonder that people assume it’s a god given right to attain something without one crucial ingredient – effort. Before I’m done for stereotyping here – I’d like those to think of my assumptions of those that against the comparative unable to work for genuine circumstances.

There’s just too many kids having kids these days. Brought up without masses of traditional values and manners and unwilling to try. Though of course the beautiful education system contradicts my thoughts – league tables suggests schools and colleges are doing better than ever and learner value added is through the roof. Yes – thanks Ofsted; school is the place to be and everyone is getting A*’s if they can turn up to the exam (on time of course). So then of course, as an incentive (on top of these amazingly bright kids which surely would all progress through the education system naturally right?) to keep them in education they offer an incentive of paying them to attend with the educational maintenance award. Hmmm – something is amiss. I’m getting the feeling that these A*’s aren’t quite all that they’re cracked up to be? Oh that’s right they’re not.

So let’s get this straight many kids are given money to go to college. However they’re then told the fees are going up massively due to cuts and restrictions of a society living on credit which was never governed (in my opinion) – in one way, can anyone blame them for such behaviour? It’s almost ironic. Imagine telling someone they can have anything they want all their life and then suddenly a shock to the system – meltdown.

When will Ofsted / the government admit to the fact that some kids are just plain naughty and have no intentions of learning – bizarrely enough it may not be their destiny in life to conform to the traditional school culture – I’m sure we all know of people that never stuck in at school but ended up doing quite well in life? And then of course on the wider spectrum there is the those that are just so disgracefully behaved they embarrass our country…probably the same people ‘protesting’ (sigh). Not everyone achieves. Not everyone is super talented in terms of academia…if they were, then surely these protests would be in a rational and organised manner with a well thought out strategy?

And the person that posted above stating that the mass majority of them aren’t students – I agree.

Whether it’s right or wrong for the fees to go up, I do sympathise with the kids that are genuinely restricted in the first instance. However for the so many that really don’t care and want to continue skiving responsibility they need alternative avenues. This country needs to bring back the very values it used to have, hard working, proud people. Though a desire for a quick buck and cash saving here there and everywhere is just reflective from those in power to those that will do anything for cheap pennies.

…and if you read all that – thanks for sticking with me – I kinda’ rambled onwards.

alot of students, and i mean ALOT take the university life and opportunity for granted, so in a way i do agree with making it a lot more difficult for people to get in. its just such a shame on those who simply cant afford it. with these new rises its going to be a huge burden and massive life decision for people, more than it already is. it took me 4 years from leaving college to decide to go, partly due to the issue of finance, but i know il make it worth while. i think maybe they should make the ages at which people go to university higher, let people mature before they do so.

I can't put in to text my views or thoughts on this, so i'll keep them to my self.
But this was a good read for 07:30 in the morning and some very good points.

I've said it for years and i'll keep saying "Bring back Conscription"

People are still going to go and do the medical degrees, the engineering degrees, the things that lead to jobs. I would guess that I have paid around 250k in income tax & NI since graduating (engineering), so there is a clear benefit to the exchequer there. However my brother did an English degree (probably finished it, not sure) and has had a series of temping jobs and now works for the council doing it support. The root problem of this is the social engineering project that determined 50% of all kids should go to university. But there hasn't been a marked increase in the high value degrees. Whereas there have been 100%+ increases in people studying all types of more subjective things. Yes we need people with humanities degrees, but how many? Not (and this is a guess) 40% of all kids.

Previous studies showed that if you went to uni you earned more money over a career, but that was when there were more medics, dentists, vets, architects, engineers, etc. as a proportion of the mix. Add a whole bunch of graduates with no specific career qualifications and it makes no difference to their learning potential. An you end up with drop out rates at some unis in excess of 30% - is it any wonder? Why bother. Maybe it was the smart ones dropping out, as they realised that they would be better served by trying to find a job with some form of prospects.

This is just an outcome of the root problem here - the people putting the policies in place. It is impossible for MPs to be able to determine what is actually sensible in the vast majority of policy areas. Panels of experts should be used to determine policy. And when they are (take for example whatever the drugs classification board was called) then their opinions should be respected. They should not be fired. If there were a party (lets call them the scientific democrats) that pledged to have policy drawn up by experts with no meddling for the sake of looking good in the media, that's who I would vote for. I also realise that they would be unelectable, so that's out.

The other aspect of this i'm trying to get my head around is people bleating on about the "poor", i'm not quite sure what constitutes a poor person if i'm honest, i've certainly never considered myself rich, and when I went to university my parents were certainly not well-off.

Definitions aside, I struggle to understand how raising tuition fees to any level imposes a barrier for the "poor" to go to university if these tuition fees are on a loan basis, surely if thats the case then each student finishes university on the same level playing field, i.e. £20-40k in debt and needing a job. Is that not the case for any student be it poor, rich or somehwere in the middle? They all have to find a job to pay back their loan when they earn a certain amount, it makes no difference to them how wealthy their parents are a that point unless they intend to sponge from them at the age of 21+. As Geordie Mike says, it makes people think twice about the degree they do and whether the pointless degree is really worth it in the long run.

So where is the discrimination, perhaps i'm slightly naive to the detail, but it appears to me that all students finish equal and have the same opportunity as each other? Unless people make the assumption that rich students have their loans paid off by Mummy and Daddy, which I imagine is far from being the norm.

This is just another uproar from people getting used to having everything handed to them on a plate. Well times have changed and people will have to work harder, suffer harder and think harder, and that goes right across the board, I don't see why 18 year olds deciding wether or not to further their education for their own benefit should be any different, they are adults after all....although after yesterday's performance you may question that statement.

Last edited:
when unis do a degree in such things as David Beckham *** they deserve to pay.

I have 2 young children and if they have to pay then so be it. (when they even start school lol )

Just watching the "demonstration" vids ont he bbc. Rediculous. Rioting for the sake of it. Water cannons, tear gas and a knock to the head by a riot shield might make them think twice about deliberately going out to cause trouble.

Did everybody see that the trouble makes stood between the school kids that had gone ?
When they had finaly managed to throw all their rocks/paint and whatever else they had to hand at the mounted police , and the police hourses moved forward the "students" all got out camera's to take pictures of how unfair they were "rushed" by the police?

I lived with somebody that went to Oxford because they had brains not money, They passed their degree got a good job and now pay back the money they needed to borrow for books and travel.
She never had a car, Laptop, Iphone let alone enough spare money to travel as far as some of these idiots did to make such trouble

Looks like there will be more student violance..........I mean demonstrations, about the EMA cuts.

With all the other cuts thats taking place, why is the educational ones causing the most noise?
Surley there is more important things they/we could be protesting about?
E.G MOD, Home Office, Ministry of Justice and Law Officers’ Departments.

Looks like there will be more student violance..........I mean demonstrations, about the EMA cuts.

With all the other cuts thats taking place, why is the educational ones causing the most noise?
Surley there is more important things they/we could be protesting about?
E.G MOD, Home Office, Ministry of Justice and Law Officers’ Departments.

Fuel prices gets my vote!!

I bet there would be a bigger turnout.... hehe.