Stuck on the colour RS4 ???

My father went for the Deep Green and I reckon it's really rather nice. It's very dark and pretty much the sort of colour Lotus Carltons used to be.

Very subtle and classy in my view.

RS41noplate.jpg

RS42noplate.jpg

RS43noplate.jpg

If you mean my father, then no, he's generally doing ok in life.

It was the first RS4 Avant delivered in Italy and I think there are still almost none around - Italians go nuts for fast Audi estates so you can imagine it gets lots of attention.

I had a crack in it last w/end when I took these pics and I kept a Bentley Continental GT honest on the autostrada. He floored it but couldn't lose me - looked mightily hacked-off.

Good for him! Is that his boat too?

I can imagine the attention it gets, Italians are very passionate when it comes to cars.

I would have loved to see the GT drivers face!!

I'd say my order of preference for a B7 RS4 Saloon is:

Sprint
Daytona
Phantom
Ibis
Avus
Imola (although this one does climb the list sometimes!)
Misano (this one climbs sometimes too!)
Mugello

Strangely (or not) the list is totally different for a cab; and again for an avant [EDIT: (the green above would definitely be on the list - any lighter and no chance though!)]... So, all I need now is about £1,440,000 and I'm laughing!

Having been lucky enough to see all the colours you were considering in the flesh, I have to say (even if it's my own opinion) that you'd probably be just as happy with any of them; I'd say they all look pretty great but just different moods almost. As my list confirms though, I think you've hit the nail on the head!

Happy horizon-smashing!

Regards,

Rob.

john2garden said:
Good for him! Is that his boat too?

I can imagine the attention it gets, Italians are very passionate when it comes to cars.

I would have loved to see the GT drivers face!!

Yes, Dad's boat is the one with the wooden stern that the car is parked directly in front of. This is a better pic. It's a one-off my father had built utilising a hull designed for a Navy patrol boat. She's about 70ft LOA but manages to look considerably smaller.

ExeatinStTropez.jpg

john2garden said:

It does us ok! Could be quicker - VMax is only 22 knots as it has only 1000bhp or so from two big straight-six turbodiesels but it makes up for it with being a bit more stylish than yer average plastic fantastic Sunseeker-type thingy.