Struggling to identify my Sat Nav version

Wizbit!

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the Sat Nav in an Audi A6 (2016) with Technology Pack. It still has the 2016 map data.

I'm struggling to identify what map update I need. Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I assume there are 3rd party options for updating the maps so i don't need to pay Audi prices?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2022-09-10 10.59.42.jpg
    2022-09-10 10.59.42.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
In general its best to pay the Audi price, its been a while but there are many hacks out there and some people have bricked their MMI systems by doing this, Audi should update the MMI software if required and then uodate the maps.

In general its best to pay the Audi price, its been a while but there are many hacks out there and some people have bricked their MMI systems by doing this, Audi should update the MMI software if required and then uodate the maps.
Thanks for the info... can't believe it will cost so much just to update the sat nav data. Oh well, as mine is so old i'll bite the bullet and get Audi to do it.

BTW - are you CraigyB from Tyresmoke forum many moons ago? I used to have an A8 and remembered you were the man for updates and coding etc.

Thanks for the info... can't believe it will cost so much just to update the sat nav data. Oh well, as mine is so old i'll bite the bullet and get Audi to do it.

BTW - are you CraigyB from Tyresmoke forum many moons ago? I used to have an A8 and remembered you were the man for updates and coding etc.
Hi, yes I'm same man, gave up doing updates back around 2013, I had 4 A/S8's, original D2 S8, A8 W12, A8 4.2 diesel and finally a D3 S8 shown in my avatar. I drive a chinese SUV now for my sins, into cheapish motoring and living in the Ukraine with Russia dropping bombs on us regularly.