Struggling to find a Itg cai??

Lil ad9

Reaction score
I'm after a itg intake for my 8p 07 plate s3, and don't know f I'm being daft but can't find one , mmy local vag garage Mentioned that apr brought them out . Any ideas were to get one

Awesome gti sell them, itg maxogen cai I think it is.

I can't link it because my Internet is sooooo slow but I'm sure the sites www.awesomegti.co.uk it's it the s3 8p section under induction kits.

APR haven't bought out ITG,but do appear to have done a deal with them for exclusivity on their range of VAG products.

APR haven't bought out ITG,but do appear to have done a deal with them for exclusivity on their range of VAG products.

Is the right answer.

I'm selling mine very shortly, so if you weren't too bothered about having one with 20k miles I'm sure we could sort out some sort of a deal.

Is the right answer.I'm selling mine very shortly, so if you weren't too bothered about having one with 20k miles I'm sure we could sort out some sort of a deal.
I think it's kind of a shame really,and I don't like this sort of exclusivity,but VWR products are good(and I have no complaints about the brakes)but it limits choice.

Do the APR/VWR kits fit under the standard engine cover?

Do the APR/VWR kits fit under the standard engine cover?

No, side and rear clearance is still an issue. You'd need to buy a spare cover off fleabay and cut it up

Is the right answer.

I'm selling mine very shortly, so if you weren't too bothered about having one with 20k miles I'm sure we could sort out some sort of a deal.

Warren, what are you getting next/instead?

I'm going to be testing a new product in the Revo hardware range.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ITG, but going for a more OEM look with a trimmed OEM engine cover and a more subtle looking CAI. Hopefully will be ready for testing in the next 4-6 weeks.

I'm going to be testing a new product in the Revo hardware range.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ITG, but going for a more OEM look with a trimmed OEM engine cover and a more subtle looking CAI. Hopefully will be ready for testing in the next 4-6 weeks.

Look forwards to hearing about that Warren.

No, side and rear clearance is still an issue. You'd need to buy a spare cover off fleabay and cut it up

Hi guys,

I never replaced the standard Audi engine cover after I had the ITG Maxogen CAI fitted to my S3.

Is this an issue I need to address, or is fitting a 'cut-to-fit' replacement engine cover purely a cosmetic decision?

Hi guys,

I never replaced the standard Audi engine cover after I had the ITG Maxogen CAI fitted to my S3.

Is this an issue I need to address, or is fitting a 'cut-to-fit' replacement engine cover purely a cosmetic decision?

You don't have to replace the engine cover - e.g.:

P1030692.JPG

But on the next CAI I want to end up with something like this:

29082009009.jpg

Hence why I bought a spare cover and have been cutting it up. You need to remove the right hand portion that connects to the intake slam panel ducting, and then part of the rear air filter box / heat shielding. Not hard if you have a steady hand and a dremmel. Just looking to get mine plastidipped and then stickered up ready for the new CAI!

Hi Warren, thanks for the info.

That first photo is pretty much identical to how my engine bay looks right now.

I'm definitely liking the look of that engine bay in the other photo! It looks very neat and tidy with the replacement engine cover, and the chrome piping looks very classy indeed!!

I think I may well look in to something similar at some point, but only once I've checked off the other bits and pieces I have planned in my 'ever growing' list of mods!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you btw, I went to Barcelona last Thursday for a stag do and only got back late last night. God only knows how I've managed to make it in to work today - the term 'the lights are on but no-one's home' is a pretty accurate way to describe how I'm feeling right now...