Stronic / Audi Drive Select

Burnsa89

Reaction score
Have had a quick search but cant seem to find the answers i am looking for.

So my question is;

When the car is in comfort mode and you knock the gear leaver to put the gearbox in S-mode to get a little bit of power for and overtake etc.... Does this automatically change the drive select mode to Dynamic ? Or is the car still in comfort mode but the gearbox is now in s / dynamic?

Reactions: pburv
The car stays in the drive select you were in, it just revs longer before changing up

Reactions: pburv and Burnsa89
You can drop it into "S" mode, personally I find a couple of dabs on the paddles to drop it down a few gears, overtake and let it then return it self automatically to Drive mode works as well. And can be a little more fun in bringing out the sportiness of the S3 :)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Burnsa89
You can drop it into "S" mode, personally I find a couple of dabs on the paddles to drop it down a few gears, overtake and let it then return it self automatically to Drive mode works as well. And can be a little more fun in bringing out the sportiness of the S3 :)
In addition, if once you have changed down manually with the paddles, you can force the car back into auto mode by holding the gear up paddle for 1-2 secs when you change up. Not alot of people know that!!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Burnsa89
......or just carry on using the paddles and have some real fun. I often knock my lever across into manual mode and use the paddles all the time, especially down country roads for a "bit of fun", putting it back in "auto" mode when getting back into built up areas to let the engine cool a little for the last couple of miles to home.

Getting used to using the paddles effectively takes a little while but is well worth doing. Used to drop my Evo X SST into manual and use the paddles and it was great fun, in particular using the power of the engine for braking - which you don't get nearly so much when in auto mode.

One has to have a little fun sometime.....just once in a while after all. Particularly when the wife isn't in the passenger seat LOL!!!

Reactions: pburv and Nikon