Streaky Windscreen

Ultra Violent

Reaction score
As the title helpfully explains, I can't seem to get the smudges and streaks off the inside off the windscreen.
I'm good with the rest off the car but always get vexxed when it comes to the windscreen.

I've tried numerous big name products, and although it looks bang on whilst doing it,
the first time the sun hits it a certain way it looks like I've cleaned it with a Treacle Sandwich. Lol.

I was just wondering if anybody had any good tips or products that they could recommend cause its doing my head in.
Would like to get it sorted since we're getting to the car cleaning season.

Thanks in advance for any replies folks.

Scott.

Scott I use AW Vision all the time which seems to do the trick and I also apply some H2Go which helps keep the inside very clear for some unknown reason as its a rain repellant but works which is the main thing. If you want some let me know.

Vinegar preferably white will sort it.So will meths.They are guaranteed solvents and will kill grease etc

I find using a clay bar with some lube (be it diluted shampoo, water or detailing lube) does a nice job of picking up the grime and embedded particles that contribute to smeary windscreen.

After you've done this, it's worth putting on some anti-rain repellent stuff since you've prepped the surface already

I'm sure someone said to use toothpaste on a previous thread, the cheap stuff. Could be worth a go?

I use the autoglym glass cleaner, but it usually take a few goes over and some really clean and dry microfibres to get it streak free, the annoying thing is you can't tell its perfect til the suns on it first thing in the morning lol!

I use Stoners Invisible Glass followed by Gtechniq - G4 Glass Nano Polish mate and have been really impressed. Tried quite a few other glass cleaners before I settled on this combo.