Strange uneven tyre wear...

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I fitted some Falken FK452's at the front for the MOT, since then I have done about 15k miles and I now need another pair for the front again!!

The passenger side wear is all on the inner edge, but the driver's side wear is on both sides of the tyre!?

I had 4 wheel laser alignment done when these tyres were fitted last.

Any ideas, why this kind of wear has happened and why so quickly too? As I could really do without replacing the tyres every year :(

Cheers

Inner edge could still be an alignment issue, but camber rather than toe. And outsides sounds like under-inflation (the wheel rim pushes down on the tyres more).

Reactions: BigWillyStyle
The drivers tyre will be due to under inflation and for you passenger tyre the wear will be due to excessive camber in the front suspension which can be sorted by checking wheel alignment. Maybe originally it was done incorrectly or the wheel has been knocked due to hitting a curb or pot hole....hope this helps...:yes:

EDIT: As above, was beaten to it!

Last edited:
Cheers dudes... will pay more attention to the tyre pressures in future :)

I'm getting bad camber wear on the inside of my front tyres (i'm running 215/35/19's and I'm quite low)

I have been told by my local laser allignment place that the camber can't be adjusted on the 8P's. Is that correct?

If so, would fitting adjustable ball joints solve/help my problems?