strange stuff going on in ma dash display

AARON77

Reaction score
hopefully someone can help?? when the car is running the lcd display flashes up that the the boot is open,when it is not, it flashses quite violently?? also my interior light fuse keeps blowing has anyone got any ideas??? ive recently fitted some ultra leds to my rear number plate could it be this??

Last edited:
I'm no electrician, but the blowing fuse means that you the current flowing over it is too high. In other words, something is drawing too much power over the circuit.

Check that the LEDs you installed do not have some silly-rated resistor fitted, which could be causing the issue.

If the boot open indicator is flashing, then check the boot lid switch to see if it needs replacing.

Agree with leshkin, check the boot switch, it's probably got some moisture damage. Could be a bad earth somewhere too?? Could be worth checking the main earth point under the battery

Why not remove the leds 1st & see if this makes the issues go away, then attack the problems if still present.

sure that was my idea just wanna get as much info as i can as the trouble n strife is away for the day in the s3, so all i can is gather info at the mo