strange sound when stearing at low speed

Tzetze

Reaction score
hi guys
I have a little problem.. since i've put the winter tyres on , when i steer left or right o sound apper, it is like somethink is rubbing, but no marks on the tire.. at high speeds i don't feel nothing. do u have any ideea what it could be? the car has only 13000 km

No they don,t at least no mark vizible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know i have 17" winter tyres on a et 39. The size of the tire I am sure is the right one but could it be from this ET?

hi guys
I have a little problem.. since i've put the winter tyres on , when i steer left or right o sound apper, it is like somethink is rubbing, but no marks on the tire.. at high speeds i don't feel nothing. do u have any ideea what it could be? the car has only 13000 km
Rubbing or squeeking? Front or rear?

Rubbing and only in front when i steer

I have just removed my winter tyres and I had the same rubbing sound, but it was only on full lock. I looked at everything and in the end gave up now my summer wheels are back on and the sound has gone

Reactions: Tzetze
Mine makes a rubbing noise that i can notice at low speeds and its the steering rack gators rubbing together. anyone else have this?

I get a squeeking noise first thing in the morning when the car is cold. Goes after a minute or so.

Had the same problem with my wifes 2016 A4. They said they couldnt stop it.

Mine is a 2017 A4 Allroad

I'm interested to know how you found out it was the steering gaiters..
I spoke to audi regarding the noise and they actualy replaced the entire steering column!
I later on drove and the noise was still there so I had a look and lubricated the boots with silicone spray and the noise was solved for a while.

I spoke to audi regarding the noise and they actualy replaced the entire steering column!
I later on drove and the noise was still there so I had a look and lubricated the boots with silicone spray and the noise was solved for a while.
Sorry I meant inbetween the CV boots is what I lubricated and that stopped the noise

Yes I can understand they could make a noise especially when steering, but the dealership should be able to fix this themselves.