Strange Oil Level Issue

LiamS3

#AbbieTheAudi
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Have a strange issue with my 8V RS3, my low oil level warning keeps appearing every 70 miles. It resets every time I open the bonnet and close it, until another 70 miles. My oil is fine just a tad under Max on the dipstick. Tried changing my oil level sensor but again, same issue. Done a scan with VCDS and no faults found Anyone got any ideas or had the same issue?

Cheers!

When you open/close the bonnet (at least 30 seconds) the ECU commands the car to re check the oil level.

Is the cluster showing the bonnet open when open?

Reactions: RS03???
Hello,
I have the same problem, oil warning light keeps showing and my oil in dipstick is ok, it goes when i open/close the bonnet but returns after 100km, and the cluster shows the bonnet when open, really weird, i read on a German forum that someone had the same problem, he resolved it by changing oil from 5w30 to 5w40, any ideas?
Thanks

Hi, i did an oil change, i switched from 5w30 to 5w40 and it fixed the problem

Hi,
Oil min warning light returned again after 4500km, again i open/close the hood and it returns after 100km, next step maybe is to replace the oil sensor, can you please confirm the part number 06E907660C, C is the last version ? Thanks

I changed the oil temp sensor with new oem one and the problem persists, the bonnet switch is fine when i open the hood i see it on the dash, the oil sensor is new, i tried changing service from fix to long life with obdeleven but it did nothing, every time i am on highway this warning shows on the dash, can someone help me with this bug please ? thanks

Hi,
I checked oil fill level and oil level threshold in engine control unit with obdeleven and I think I have a problem.
Oil fill level : 73.248mm
Oil warning threshold : 73.916mm
Oil warning threshold is too high and superior to oil fill level, can somebody please check these values? Do you know please how can I reduce oil warning threshold?
Thanks.

When the car is running the oil warning threshold is at 65, so maybe the values are fine and it is something else.

If there's nothing wrong with the oil level, just disable the sensor in VCDS and check it on the dipstick "like we did in the olden days".

Hi, i don't think it's possible to disable the Temp sensor for the RS3 8v.