Strange nosie when changing gear when I put my foot down

Stean

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

When I put my foot down and change gear at about 6000rpm the engine makes a strange sort of screeching sound, mainly happens in second and third.
Was having a look around the hoses by the DV and one of them feels quite spongy, could this be the problem?
Atleast I think its the DV, you'll have to excuse my ignorance as I don't know my way around the engine that well.

Matey , is it a squeel that you hear if it is it would be the same problem im having when im putting my foot down on me clutch pedal. it might be your clutch not sure though as i am fairly new too but ive had enoguh problems with mine costing me 4000$ AUD :p lol but yeah matey check the clutch u having rouble with gears ? might be realse bearing or sumthign of the sort.

Hi Sevv, I dont think its the clutch as I'm not having any problems changing gears and the current clutch has only done about 30K, but it does happen when I press the clutch pedal, I have just changed the clutch switch as it was causingt the revs to rise quite a bit and was hoping this may help but it hasn't.

Paul, if it was the release bearing or the slave would it do it constantly or intermitantley?. It only does it every now and again.
It makes a squell noise like when you squeeze the air out the end of a baloon.

Sounds exactly like that, mine isnt as bad though. Will check the pipes over the weekend a bit more thoroughly.
I know its recently had a couple of new pipes but most are still 10 year old originals. May look at swapping for a full set of silicone ones if they need replacing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate, was starting to worry it might be something more serious.

I do get a kind of farty/screechy noise from my DV so may be that. Drive it like that, and if it breaks, then something was definately broken.