Strange noises behind dash

bonerp

Reaction score
Hey,
On my 02 1.9TDI A4, strange noises occur! Sounds like vents opening and closing. Seems to happen pretty much all the time, even when I turn the car off for a short while after.
Is this normal???
Paul

the noise is the flaps adjusting to divert air where you want it to go this should only happen when you change the air direction on the aircon unit

Mine does it as well, we'll see what other folks say....

you could try disconnecting the battery for a while ? see if it resets someting or if you know anyone with a vagcom

Everything seems to work fine tho!!!

Except my heated mirrors dont seem to be demisting.

Mine does it too, like you say, even when the key is out, but it all works fine. I was curious about it too

tis ta same here get the noises but just decided to put up with them as nothing really happens to indicate anything is faulty etc,il be getting worried if the noises stop now lol

min does it to 02 130 tdi. Did your heated mirrors ever work?? min does not have them (sport model) ! I have wiring and i belive that they turn on when you turn on the rear glass heating. £50 for the Glass!

My wifes B6 TDi does the same thing, my B5 S4 does it aswell.... As other's have said, if everything works as it should i wouldn't worry......

I'm sure my book says mirrors only warm up at a certain temp! I'll check - and i'll put up with weird noises!!!

Went to Weymouth and back this weekend. This car is awesome!!! 500 miles at least to tank of the black stuff woohoo!