Strange morning

i was just reading the magazine that comes to my work and theres an article in here that starts with

"The highly popular Audi A3 8P 2.0 Tdi 140BHp BKD engine was presented to David with a job card noting the alarm was going off in the middle of the night. it also had an intermittent wiper failure and occassional central- locking problems, where it would disable itself. a case of electronic gremlins was suspected."

further down...

"A large range of VAG cars suffer badly from water ingrees saturating the central convenience unit causing it to disable and cause chaos in the vehicle such as lighting issues, alarms going off and no central locking."

maybe your has something the same problem perhaps?

but its a massive double page spread about it all...

Interesting... the switch that controls the bonnet alarm was replaced about 6 months ago as my alarm was going off for no reason and the dash thought that the bonnet was open. I have replaced this switch myself. And everything "had" seemed to be ok since.

So come on then... how can I test this? Sit in the car and let someone try and open the door when the alarm is going off? Will task the misses with this later... I'm interested to find out if this is the case. But does the same fault effect Ford Focus' too??

What magazine is this Solly?

Its one i get sent to my work like a diagnostic one strangly that was the fault somthing to do with the bonnet switch being faulty or not in right/wiring... ill take a picture of the article and try and upload it on here ok :)

bare with me