Strange light on the dashboard

G

gokiwi64

Upload 2017 8 9 18 9 14

I wonder what that means , seemed to stay on all the way home tonight :)

But I do have a real question, How can I tell if my 4 wheel drive unit is working ??

Means you have your traction control off. You need to either turn it on and if it still doesn't work you'd need to get a scan to find out exactly what the problem is as it could be number of things.

Re: 4 Wheel, if there are no warning lights then you need not to worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait till the road is wet, from standstill mash the throttle and car should take off like a scalded cat without the front wheels spinning. If the front wheels are slithering all over the place then you do have a Haldex problem.

It was weird , there was a lot of standing water around and I hit a fairly big puddle and the light came on and wouldn't go out until I turned the engine off and back on again. Does that mean I've got a problem ?

If it hasn't happened again then no need to worry but for your peace of mind, get the car scanned. It could simply be a sensor getting the splash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet it's a wheel speed sensor that threw a fit and a restart of the car sorted it. Scanning the car with VCDS will reveal all, but if it doesn't come back, then nothing to worry about.