Strange Ignition Off Behaviour. Please have a look at my VCDS Fault List

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had this issue for about a month. Usually used to turn off the car and while key in ignition, I can still use the phone through the bluetooth, doors still tocked and interior lights are still off, as soon as i take the key off the bluetooth is off, doors unlock and interior lights come on. lately the bluetooth goes off, doors unlock and lights come on as soon as i turn off the car and even before the key is in the position to be removed.

I did a fault code scan and initially I had the same faults as below but there were also faults showing in the detail section of each module. Once I reset the faults and tried again, they only came up in the main section (I didnt turn off and on the car). I should have saved the previous scan but did not!!. The radio (56) one been there forever, and i think its due to the IPod connection kit. What's new are No9 Cen Elec. (the module detail said short circuit in the LED light or something, i was running LED Bulbs and to get rid of the error i switched it to the Bi xenon with LED DRL, but i have since put it back to normal and they are running fine). The Steering wheel im assuming is what's causing the issue described above. Finally the cent conv, this has been the same for ages but i have not noticed any issues. Could anyone shed some light on my issues. Many thanks

01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: Malfunction 0010
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
22-AWD -- Status: OK 0000
25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
55-Xenon Range -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: Malfunction 0010
76-Park Assist -- Status: OK 0000
77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

Last edited:
give ot a few days and rescan
so you can save the codes

Sounds like ignition barrel to me mate.

That would be my guess as well Nige as it is common to all those things, and their behaviour relative to ignition position.

Thanks guys. Heard the same from another oz Audi member. I recall seeing that on the fault code prior to myself clearing them. Would this be the part no I need: 1K0905865A?

Any DIY? I did a search but found one for the 8L but not the 8P?

Thanks guys. Heard the same from another oz Audi member. I recall seeing that on the fault code prior to myself clearing them. Would this be the part no I need: 1K0905865A?

Any DIY? I did a search but found one for the 8L but not the 8P?

anyone can confirm the part no pls?